1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 14, 2010 1:06 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Overview reservation calendar?

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hoping someone here can help:

Like many of you I am sure, I make my reservations as far out as possible.  I check my reservations frequently on the "change/cancel reservations" tab as things may change a day here or there.  This is helpful, but what I really need is a pictorial calendar I can look at.  If there were a 'month ahead" and a "six months ahead" view with dates I have reservations made highlighted it would be so helpful.  Top of the line would be to move my cursor over the highlighted dates and see a pop up of hotel name and location.  Does such a thing already exist?

It would be such a handy tool--as of right now I have about 25 different reservations so far between now and September and they are all over the place with just a few repeaters.  If this exact tool isn't there, am I missing something that is there that would serve the same purpose?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Overview reservation calendar?
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Great idea.  I like the concept of viewing a screen-size reservation calendar that displays reservations along with the days of the week. Perhaps a photo of the property and summary information pops up  as you move a pointing device across the online view like the Home page of Marriott.com.  Conceptually, it's an interactive reservations calendar?

Sans the popup with a mouse-over, I rely upon the support Change/Cancel Reservations provides for Microsoft Outlook Calendar integration.  As reservations are booked and confirmed, bringing them into the Outlook Calendar is a manual operation but easy.  I'm in the habit of calling prior to arrival, so I'll not only place the hotel # but also the name of the person spoken to and notes about requests.  That way, I can synch up with my smart phone/Blackberry and have the information for reference while on the road.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...