4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2016 9:46 PM by flyingsouth RSS

Sabal Palms/ Marriott World Center, Orlando

flyingsouth Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

At the end of October I will be attending a conference at the Marriott World Center, but will be staying next door at Sabal Palms.  I've pulled up a resort map and see that the 4600 building is closest to the MWC walkway, but 4500 and 4100 might be less isolated and have nicer views of the water and golf course.  Maybe location won't really matter since the property is pretty small....  Anybody have suggestions for a villa request?  Any favorite restaurants at Marriott World Center or general area?  clebert, I saw from some previous posts that you have stayed at this property.  Any words of wisdom?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marriott 's Sabal Palms
  • Re: Sabal Palms/ Marriott World Center, Orlando
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

flyingsouth, yes I go to a conference every year at World Center and typically stay at the villas.  I ask to be placed in the unit closest to the World Center, and it works really well.  The Sabal Palms are 2 story, so if you would like a nice view, ask for a second story unit.  But beware that there are steep stairs to climb and no elevators so you will have to schlep your luggage up a tall set of stairs.  That doesn't bother me, but I've heard others complaining.  I don't think the villas have a bellhop, or I've never seen or been offered help with my luggage.  Unlike the main hotel, parking is free at the villas which is nice, too.  Sabal Palms has its own pool and fitness center but no Marketplace Pantry.  That's on the other side of the resort at Imperial Palms.  I usually do a grocery run at one of the nearby Publix and stock my kitchen for the week since the villas have a full kitchen.  They also have a washer/dryer so bring/buy some laundry soap or tablets.  Every villa I've stayed at has had a nice golf course view.  They also run shuttles around the property if you get tired of walking, but they don't seem to be on a regular schedule.  Staff there is very, very good.  I think World Center is supposed to be Marriott's largest property, and they run it like pros.  Rent a car or you'll be trapped there, though.  It's a big property and you'd have to cross a couple major freeways with crazy traffic if you attempt to walk, run, or bike off the property.  Orlando has some of the most dangerous roads in the US for pedestrians so beware.  You can jog all over the property though, and if you are driving around the World Center property beware of joggers popping up all over the place.  The food court at the main hotel is not very good so I'd skip that.  Solaris is good for breakfast and ok for lunch as well.  The Japanese place is ok.  Hawk's Landing steakhouse is good.  The hotel lobby bar is good.  If you can get offsite, there are tons of great restaurants in Orlando if you can find them among the hundreds of chain restaurants.  The Boheme restaurant in the Grand Bohemian in downtown Orlando is great.  The Bull and Bear at the Waldorf-Astoria Bonnet Creek is excellent.  4 Rivers BBQ is good.  Christini's Italian in Doctor Phillips is very good as well.  All of the Sabal Palm units are 2BR 2BA and you will have plenty of space.  They are really like apartments.  I enjoy the units and prefer them to the hustle and bustle of the main hotel.  Plus, the fitness center at Sabal Palms is never crowded, unlike the main hotel where the gym is often packed pull.  You can charge items at the main hotel back to your villa, and you have access to the gigantic pool at the main hotel.  It's a good set up, but there is a lot of walking even once you're in the main hotel because the place is so huge.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

flyingsouth Platinum

Thanks for the detailed response, clebert.  We  have stayed at 6 other MVC properties, so  I'm looking forward to checking out Sabal Palms.  I actually booked this as a Getaway through interval, 7 nights in a 2 bedroom villa for under $100/night.....much cheaper than 4 nights at the World Center in a hotel room  . 

achmedn Silver

I just came from a stay at Imperial Palms. Imperial Palm, Royal Palms and Sabal Palms are 3 MVC resorts that are on the same property as Marriott World.  Imperial Palms and Royal Palms are on the same side and Sabal Palms on the other side. Sabal Pals is the closest yo Marriott World Center. There is a shuttle service that the frontdesk calls. In the worse case that the shuttle just left, you will need to wait max 5-7 minutes. In case of Sabal Palms you could also walk, although at night I would prefer the shuttle. Marriott World Center is the largest Marriott in the world. One very large pool, one quieter (but also very large pool), and one indoor pool, and also slides and waterfalls. Of course you can also use your own pool at Sabal Palms. Marriott World Center and the 3 MVC's are a bit isolated. You either eat on side at Marriott World or take a 10 minute drive to i-Drive or busy part of the Vineland rd or maybe Disney Spring. The laser show at night is nice.

flyingsouth Platinum

Follow up to my original post:  I'm back from my conference and very glad I chose to book at Sabal rather than the World Center.  The location is perfect, a 5 minute walk to the hotel and then a trek to the conference area, but not too bad.  I loved having access to the World Center amenities and restaurants, while being able to retreat back to Sabal for some quiet.  The units have just been refurbished, so everything looked clean and fresh. 

Also a BIG thank you to the staff.  I, STUPIDLY, forgot that I had put an envelope full of cash in the safe when I checked in.  After I got home, received a phone call from Kate at The Palms asking if I had forgotten anything.  I checked my bag but didn't see anything missing, so I asked for a clue....she said the only thing she could tell me was that it was locked up.    The light dawns......and I remember the $140 I locked away for "safety".  Kate said housekeeping alerted maintenance that the safe was locked, and then the maintenance man opened the safe and turned in the envelope to the office.  She thenFed-Exed me the envelope and didn't even charge me shipping fees!  How nice is that?  I've always thought that the vacation club properties have wonderful employees, and this incident just confirms it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...