33 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2016 9:29 AM by carat RSS

eFolio from Canceled Stay - Always keep emails!

seatexan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I had to cancel a reservation at the JW New Orleans for this past weekend.  I cancelled on the 13th.  Thursday the 22nd I get an e-mail from the hotel asking if there was anything I needed before my stay. I told the person I had cancelled my stay but would let them know next time I made a reservation. I thought this was odd.

This morning I wake up to a "Thank you for staying". Whaaa?  Looks like it was a charge for a no show...

Checked Marriott CC - nothing charged.

Checked Marriott Acct under cancelled reservations, this cancel does not show.

Checked e-mail for this cancel and I have the e-mail, phew! I knew I was not crazy.

I have never had this happen, anyone else? I see the stories on here about people not keeping their e-mails and they get in a bind when they are charged and can't prove it. 

The system doesn't show this reservation anywhere. I don't see a place where I can check by reservation or cancellation number.  All I have is an e-mail from Sept 13th with a cancellation number.

I'll keep an eye on my acct... but as of this morning, I have not been charged. 

Always hang on to those email people I have a folder dedicated to Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: eFolio from Canceled Stay - Always keep emails!
    nationwide Platinum

SeaTexan - I screen shot these when I have a cancellation for this very reason.  I have been in the same spot as you once before, and it was very unsettling.  Good job on your part!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

You take a screen shot of the cancellation page from the website? That is a good idea.  I at least got the e-mail.  Guess I need to back it up even more with a shot of the cancellation page! ewwwww

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

SeaTexan, so sorry for the inconvenience!!  If you'd like, we can take a look into this for you to make sure everything is as it should be.  Just send one of us the dates of your canceled stay and Rewards number.

seatexan Platinum

I just rechecked... I was given nights and points... still no charge on my CC - I'll send you the info so you can fix all that.  I didn't earn it!

Edit: carat message sent, thank you!

seatexan Platinum

IAHFLYR LOL!!! I know, but I just can't do it! What if it comes back to bite me!?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

HAHAHA, make sure that they get a part that you don't want anymore.   Think of it like this, "what would Jsucool76 do"!!

Just ring up the hotel and give them the low down and request some "bonus points".

Jsucool76 Gold

Just keep your cancellation confirmation and get ready to press that dispute button on your credit card if things go south.

seatexan Platinum

Dispute with American Express <3... never an issue... Dispute with Visa...ugh ugh ugh!!! Well...*goes to see acct*....no charge posted yet! *crosses fingers*

Jsucool76 Gold

Not to be "that guy" but you'll actually be disputing with chase, not visa. XD

Chase is very good with dispute resolution. Never had an issue.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I End up cancelling fairly often. Mostly to get a cheaper rate as time gets closer. They always send me a cancellation number and if I go into my future reservations there is also a section for cancellations Which lists all my cancelations . Sorry to hear this sea Texan

seatexan Platinum

jerryl - yeah I did check where all the cancellations are supposed to be listed.  I think that is where the issue came up, as it is not listed. However, I did get the cancellation e-mail. and held on to that.  So far so good! no charge as of now just taking extra precautions!

seatexan Platinum

Update: I was just hit with a charge from the JW Marriott in New Orleans. I even e-mail them yesterday...

nationwide Platinum

That's too bad SeaTexan.  However, at least you were prepared for this.  As much business as you give that hotel, they need to nip this in the bud quickly.  And, as others have "pointed" out, they should give you a few "points" for your troubles.

seatexan Platinum

I will call back at 9 when someone is there in billing.  My last stay here was not a good one.  I wanted to give them another shot but a few things came up (in plenty of time) and I had to cancel. I have another reservation in Dec, but I will cancel it.  Maybe try out the Ren there .

Oh man!! Following up with our Customer Care team on this and will send updates your way, SeaTexan

seatexan Platinum

Thank you carat ! <3!

Do you need any info from the eFolio.  I was give a room number and a guest ID.  Bah! and the room was on the 29th floor! Would have been an awesome view!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

What a scenario, SeaTexan!  Never in all my years of cancellations have I had this happen with Marriott and it should not have happen, especially with a JW.  What a bother for you.  But you've got the documentation, carat, and all of us behind you.  Go get em!

We should be able to pull everything up in our systems from the information you've already provided.  However, should we need more, I'll let you know.  Thank you for your patience through this, SeaTexan!!  Processes like these can be very frustrating, but we will make this right. 

seatexan Platinum

Update:

Good Afternoon SeaTexan,

The adjustment has been processed and you will receive a refund email directly from Marriott Business Services. Please allow 3-5 business days for the credit to appear on the account per your financial institution. If I may be of further assistance to you, please contact me. Thank you,

DF  |General Accountant | JW Marriott New Orleans

Soooo how awesome is carat for expediting this process? VERY awesome!

Thank you thank you!

I'll let you all know when I get my funds back . I did cancel another stay there and MADE SURE it was listed on the cancellation list, and of course kept the e-mail.  I booked at the Marriott Ren Pere Marquis. I need my Ren badge anyway .  Yay for Nola having the most Marriott's in the world crammed into a mile of each other.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Great news, SeaTexan.  Must be a load off your mind.  Sorry it had to happen to you.  And yes, carat is awesome. 

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I have a separate e-mail folder for all my Marriott e-mails, e-folios, etc. for exactly this reason.  Glad everything worked out in the end.

Yay, so glad the hotel reached out to you and were able to reverse the charges!  You all have some great methods to keep track of your abundant stays.  Now if I could only put your methods to good use for my inboxes...

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

shows another advantage of being on insders

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I Go one step further than muppetwrangler, I have a seperate folder for my current stays and once completed, or cancelled I move them over to an archive folder where all my hotel bookings over the past decade end up, so any disputes I can always drag up the emails. That archive has been useful quite a few times.

seatexan Platinum

This is a great idea brightlybob.  All of my Marriott anything is all shoved into one folder.  It gets a bit crazy when trying to find something.  I do love Gmail's search capabilities, those help a ton!  The JW Nola search was even more crazy as I have many many e-mails just from staying at that hotel for so many years.  Date search helps too.

Oh the new task of sorting Marriott emails!   At least it will keep me busy.

peymanagement Platinum

I am usually pretty lax with keeping my papers in order, but with Marriott, I have detailed files, screenshots and follow-up on everything. I had almost exactly the same thing as SeaTexan, at the Marriott World Centre last US Thanksgiving. I had booked a golf stay, but found out on another site that they would be overseeding while we were there. I cancelled and moved over to the JW. I was fortunate on this one, as three days before the pro shop at hawks landing called to arrange my tee times. I told him I had cancelled, and he insisted it was still showing. I phoned the hotel and indeed it was still an active reservation. Lucky as still in cancellation period so avoided the potential run around. I love Marriott but they make a few mistakes.

seatexan Platinum

I really should have called when I got the e-mail asking if there was anything I needed.  I did tell the concierge I had cancelled but a follow up to the hotel would have been smart.  Now I know

seatexan Platinum

Update: This morning my acct was credited.  I can't say how relived I am.  Again, thank you so very much carat.

9ec40-resolved.png

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...