5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2016 6:18 PM by todzwif RSS

Booking a reservation that includes bonus points per stay

softbal020 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I booked a hotel stay were in the rate it states the following:

"(1 night , Marriott Rewards Member Exclusive Offer, includes 2000 Bonus Points per stay, see Rate details )"

I was not given the 2,000 points, called Marriott and they told me to call another number, called that number and that lady said she couldn't help me that I needed to contact the hotel.

When I spoke to the hotel at the time of check in they said they didn't do anything with points.

How do I get my 2,000 points?  I have 2 other upcoming reservations with this same hotel.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Booking a reservation that includes bonus points per stay
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Happy to help look into this, softbal020! Do you mind sending me a private message with the name of the hotel and the dates of your stays (both previous stay and future stays). That will help me get the answers you need. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tvhcols Platinum

That happened to me last month.  I called the hotel and they said that I needed to call the Rewards Dept.  I called them and was told that I had booked thru a 3rd party site that the stay eligible (I did not) but that they will give me the points.  I told the rep that I booked the room reservation on Marriott.com which is how I book all my reservations for any Marriott hotel.  Glad they gave me the points.  

softbal020 Platinum

I see I was just rewarded the points on my account.  Not sure why Marriott customer service doesnt know about this.

When I check into my next reservation at this hotel with this promotion I am going to ask to talk to manager and see what I need to do to get these on there the first time.  Pretty annoying to have to stay on top of it.

mustanggt Platinum

The individual property is responsible for processing the "bonus" points.  Depending on the property, they may only process this once per week, so there may be a lag between when you receive the normal points for your stay versus the bonus points which are each posted separately.

todzwif Platinum

Happened to me, too.  Stayed at FF a few months ago on a 4k bonus and $10 TGIFridays gift card in Indy.  (FF is connected to the restaurant).  I got neither.   

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...