8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2010 10:39 PM by saintsfan RSS

Marriott Reward Checques

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can someone tell me what denomination the reward checques are entered as?  Example - is the $1000 award issued as $10 100 checques.  If not, and it is issued as a $1,000 checque will a hotel issue credits as change if the fees for the stay are only $500?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Reward Checques
    tjcnewyork Platinum

That's an interesting question.  Marriott has many different partners that offer points that can be redeemed as Marriott cheques.  I have redeemed them in denominations of $50 and $100 and only use them to pay the balance at check-out.  Marriott cheques have an expiration date and the T&C specifically states that change/credit will not be issued.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jgolak Silver

I ordered a $1000 and they came in a packet of 20 - $50 certificates. Conditions state that change will not be given but I've had front desk folks say that they treat the certs like cash providing change when appropriate. I guess it depends on the property.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"depends on the property"

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.  Usually, if my balance at check-out is $115 let's say, I'll use two $50 cheques and pay the balance with a credit card.  Making change provides added flexibility and convenience.   

davidash Platinum

They come in $50 denominatons and there is no refund/cash back from each.

wawinelvr Platinum

I used the $1000 award and received 20 $50 checks.

golfer2 Platinum

$50 checks

tvhcols Platinum

Where do you go to buy or use points to purchase Marriott Reward Checaues?

saintsfan Platinum

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...