5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2016 5:30 PM by notorious-5150 RSS

Using Marriott Visa Rewards Card at SPG?

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Now that our accounts are linked at Marriott and SPG.  I am wondering if we will get the extra points for using the Chase Marriott Visa card at SPG properties?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Marriott Visa Rewards Card at SPG?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi Far East Man!

While you can link your accounts, the two programs will still remain separate, and using the Marriott Rewards Credit Card From Chase at Starwood properties will not earn the bonus points for charges at a Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jsucool76 Gold

I'd highly suggest getting the SPG credit card if you plan on staying at SPG properties.

you'll earn 5 points per dollar with your platinum status and credit card combined (2x from card, 3x from plat status)

Each of those points transfers to 3 marriott points. This means you'll earn 15 marriott points per dollar when you stay at starwood properties.

flyingsouth Platinum

It would be nice if we got bonus points from using the Marriott card at Starwood properties, but at least you get the bonus bump from matching status.  Jsucool76 has a good suggestion about getting the SPG card, but I am not planning on staying at enough Starwood properties to make it worthwhile. 

I just signed up and received the new Sapphire Reserve card, and that gives 3 ultimate reward points/$ on travel expenses.  I can use it at a Starwood hotel and get almost as many points as using the SPG card (Equivalent of  3x MRP and 3x SPG points for plat, which in the long run adds up to 12 Marriott reward points per dollar spent at Starwood.

ohmark Platinum

Just to point out that Chase has updated the benefits of the Chase Marriott Visa to include SPG hotel stays in the 5x bonus.

notorious-5150 Platinum

That was the original policy - it has recently been updated

https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember

5Xpoints

for every $1 spent at over 5,700 participating Marriott Rewards® and SPG® properties worldwide1

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...