2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2010 1:53 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Residence Inn Reward Program Change

ontherun Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

After many calls I found out that they change the Residence Inn rewards program this year. There are many that will not even allow an upgrade to a better room with points.  I have made calls all the way up the chain to Bill Marriott just to get some visibility on the issue.  We need to continue speaking our minds about this issue. I may stay at Marriotts when on business but when traveling on vacation and the only properties are Residence Inns there needs to be a way to get a room suitable for a family with points not only by paying for the room. The hotel would not even allow me to pay the difference in room rates plus the reward to upgrade in advance to a larger room.  We need to let the Company know that when we use our rewards we need to be able to get rooms that can accomadate the family.  The Residence Inn in question allocated only queen size bed rooms for rewards no matter what the season. If anybody has any idea on how to voice our concern in mass please let me know.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Residence Inn Reward Program Change
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

How about a real (snail mail) letter to the corporation?  In the old days that got a response at least.  I would cc the RI in question as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Residence Inn Reward Program Change
    tjcnewyork Platinum

See the discussion about this topic here: No 'Real' Upgrade Benefit

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...