2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2016 9:39 AM by carat RSS

Marriott North Fort Lauderdale

mrhine Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have stayed at this Marriott many times.  The hotel has undergone a modern renovation and is comfortable.  I checked in on Wednesday night and was told that their cable was down so no tv.  Not a big deal because I had some work to get done.  I asked about the internet and was assured that it was working fine.  After getting to my room and getting started on work, the internet stopped working.  I have had the same issue at this hotel before.  I called down to the front desk and was told it must be me as no one else was experiencing an issue.  I was connected with IT suport and 45 minutes later, I still did not have internet.  I called and asked to be moved to another hotel as I had some work that needed to be complted.  While the manager on duty did arrange for a room at the Westin, he never apologized for the 45 minutes plus I wasted.  As an elite Marriott member, I stay in a lot of Marriott properties every year and at a minimum expect basic services.  I will think twice about booking a room at this hotel again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Ft Lauderdale, Marriott
  • Re: Marriott North Fort Lauderdale
    nationwide Platinum

mrhine it sounds like a bad experience to be sure.  I find it fascinating that nobody else would have reported a problem, yet they quickly get you on the phone with IT support and then offer to move you to another property.  Sounds like they knew they had a real problem.  I agree with you:  internet service is a necessity and not a luxury.  Thanks for sharing - I'll avoid the property next time I am down there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott North Fort Lauderdale
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

So sorry to hear of your frustrations, mrhine.  I would like to provide support and have reached out via direct message. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...