18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2016 10:24 AM by chautauquany RSS

Best Marriott hotel in London and Paris

wickedmic Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

MY wife and I are planning a week stay each in London and Paris nest spring and I as a Platinum member would like some advice on the best Marriott hotel in each city. We would appreciate any input from other members thank you. Time frame is the first 2 weeks in May

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
London, England
pari
  • Re: Best Marriott hotel in London and Paris
    darrbee Gold

We stayed in May last year.  Our favorite hotel for London was St. Ermins, it is a boutique Autograph hotel,  service was excellent and it was close to the tube and wishing walking distant to a lot of local attractions.  In Paris we stayed at Paris Marriott Champs Ulysses.  Kind of expensive but right in the heart of the action.  Easy walks to the Eiffel tower, Notre Dame, Arc de Triumph  and museums.  Service was also excellent.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

issaquah Platinum

I agree with darrbee. St. Ermins in London and our stay on the Champs-Elysees was very convenient. The staff in both were outstanding. 

lobbster Platinum

I love the Renaissance St Pancras - have stayed there a couple of times before catching the Eurostar to Paris, and I live in London! St Ermin's is lovely too.

monisame Platinum

Well I have had a wonderfull stay at Paris Marriott Champs Elysees, and also at the Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero. Up to London my favorite is St. Ermins, really nice. The are a lot of Properties there I love the one located in West Indian Quay a bit far but it is perfect.

seatexan Platinum

There is no lounge at St. Ermins.  It was on my list also. After reading some reviews, about how there is pretty much zero chance to get an upgrade when using points, I decided to go with the JW Marriott.

County Hall was also on my list, great location, but might be too crowded as it's really close to all the tourist places.  I'll be there 5 days so I didn't think I would want to battle the more crowded area for that long. 

darrbee Gold

The Caxton Bar is located in St Ermins.  Nice and cozy.

seatexan Platinum

Well I will have to hit up that bar!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

wickedmic  There is no one best hotel in either city.  What is best for me may not be best for you.  What do you want to see in each city?  Pick a place that is convenient to those sights.

Is price a concern?  Some hotels are nicer but are less affordable.

Do you care more about the comfort of the rooms or the available dining options?

Are you planning many day trips outside of the city?

If so, consider proximity to train stations.

My favorite hotels in both cities factor in these considerations.

The Marriott Rive Gauche in Paris is less pricy than some other options and is not as stylish, but the service is impeccable and the CL is outstanding,  It is convenient to Metro and several fine restaurants.  We love it there.

In London we stay at the Kensington Marriott and all the same criteria apply.

Location Brand Hotel
    London, England
    pari
    carols Gold

I second lobbster's recommendation of the St. Pancras Renaissance in London.  We've stayed there twice, both times in a Chambers Grand Jr. Suite.  The room was both lovely and positively palatial by London standards, with a view of the inside of the train station (but we had no noise issues at all). The Chambers wing room gives you access to the Chambers Lounge, which is hands down the best Marriott Lounge we've ever experienced.  The staff provides service at your table, and the food/drink offerings are impressive. It truly is a special experience.  We felt very pampered by our overall hotel stay. 

The hotel is steeped in history and visually beautiful (don't miss the Grand Staircase).  The location is convenient, with access to several tube lines, restaurants and shops in the station, so you don't even have to leave the building in order to set off for many London sites. There are quite a few bus lines that are easily accessible from the hotel as well.

If you consider staying there, you might want to check on the Platinum benefits.  I remember reading that Platinum status gets you access to the Chambers Lounge, but I don't know whether you get a room upgrade from the Barlow wing to the Chambers wing.  Personally, I think that the Chambers wing is worth the splurge if it isn't a Status benefit.

As for Paris, we always stay in an apartment, so I don't have any experience with the Marriott hotels there.

Good luck with your search, and have a great trip!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The St. Pancras is a fantastic property!

For public transportation there may be NO better place in London!

Consider taking the Eurostar from there to Paris!  If you have an Amex Plat. or better, you should get into the VIP waiting room for the train!  Here's some photo's of the hotel area:

fullsizeoutput_8b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_296c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_747.jpeg

Enjoy!

clark3 Platinum

Last may we spent 16 days traveling from Amsterdam to Edinburgh via rail.  Two cities included were Paris (Renaissance Arc de Triomphe} and London (Renaissance St Pancras) both hotels were great and the lounge in London is as described. Took Eurostar from Paris to London and walked right into the Renaissance.  Leaving for Edinburgh we walked across the street to Kings Cross station.  Subways right there too.  Stayed on points everywhere---this group helped us a lot in planning ------they are very savy----Be safe and enjoy

pwrshift Platinum 8 Reviews

For anyone on a first trip to London I would recommend County Hall. It is at Westminster Bridge on the side where the London Eye is found, on the Thames, just across from Big Ben, tour boats, etc. Big upscale hotel.  Nice.

jw99 Platinum

Renaissance Arc de Triomphe is excellent and in a great location. 2 blocks from the metro, in a very nice area and quiet.

Going back in 2017 it was so great. Trying the JW in London in 2017 too. Enjoy.

shanghaisha Platinum 1 Reviews

Just returned from London ...stayed at the London Marriott Park Lane and I highly recommend it for it location, boutique feeling and staff.  While the building looks large, it has only 160 rooms and although it looks like it fronts the very busy corner of Marble Arch and Oxford St (upscale shopping area), the entrance is on a quiet back street. Rooms are all new my only issue, no availability for upgrade during my Thanksgiving stay.  But the main attraction that I didn't appreciate while choosing was the extraordinary concierge lounge.  It's a beautiful relaxing two room space. with a full buffet breakfast, afternoon tea, light supper and  cocktails until 9:30...with snacks at all times.  The staff was remarkable. While there I checked out the other two Marriotts in the  area neither appealed as much as the LMPL.

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square

Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel

For Paris, I second the Arc de Triomphe (modern, good location), Trocadero (quiet area, old mansion, near Eiffel) and

Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel

(best location, boutique, small rooms)

cyrill Platinum

I tried three Paris properties. All of them went out of the way to offer and satisfy all Platinum Premier expectations including full buffet breakfasts, arrival gifts, etc. Would not hesitate to recommend either one of them. Champs-Élysées will be next to try out.

1. Vendome  Renaissance is great due to location and quaint feeling. Rooms are smaller than the other two I tried. We got a two-room suite upgrade once. Two tiny rooms and two bathrooms:) It is Paris after all.

2. Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel Is bigger and in a busier location. Very convenient to take the Opera bus from CDG. A more art deco palacial atmosphere than Vendome.

3. Trocadero is a bit away from tourister locations. Sort of in between the other two in terms of a feel and room size.

troytraveler Silver

I stayed at Champs-Élysées when i was in Paris.It was very nice but expensive. You need to book it during the off season.

cyrill Platinum

Thank you! None of the posted rates for either of the three I tried were inexpensive. Most of my Paris stays are on points anyway :-)

chautauquany Gold 4 Reviews

If there are children traveling with you, make sure you can get 2 double/queen beds and if you are using points, make note of that extra person.  This past summer we stayed at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square due to the location very close to the tube and bus stops.  Children were added for a small nightly fee along with our points, which allowed use of the lounge.  Located just off Oxford Street, shopping is a breeze.  We had previously tried Ramsey's Maze restaurant, which is part of the hotel, and didn't necessarily want to return, as we like trying different places, and found a number of local restaurants and pubs within 2-3 blocks off the square.  Close to Hyde Park, the London museum, a couple of stops from Westminster area, travel was very easy.  The hotel has a lounge which we didn't think we would use that much, being in and out for the day, but it was a godsend.  It is open almost 24 hours, breakfast, snacks, tea with sandwiches and desserts, afternoon snacks, evening "snacks" with free wine, beer and soft drinks.  When coming back to the hotel to refresh, or to meet up before heading out, we would meet in the lounge.  It is not crowded, always well stocked, and free to Gold members or those staying in a room with access (it is worth the extra, for the breakfast alone).  Our room had a fold out couch in addition to the bed, as we had a child, and it was larger than the room my brother had for his three people, which had 2 beds.  I have stayed at other London hotels by Marriott but this is my favorite.

In Paris, we like the Arc de Triomphe as it is close to two metro/subway stops, and in an area with lots of small restaurants.  It is only 3 blocks off the busy Champs Elysees and they have rooms that can also accommodate a third person.  It is new, modern and rooms are very spacious.  It, too, has a lounge open to Gold and platinum members, so breakfast is free.  Both of these hotel lounges are open on weekends, unlike the lounges in the US, so that is a nice perk as a elite member.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...