5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2010 2:05 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Chicago Fireplaces?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know of a Marriott property in/near the loop area of Chicago that has a fireplace?

Just cannot find one for a special occasion.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

• Re: Chicago Fireplaces?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Jerry,

Given Marriott's smoke-free policy, an in-room fireplace in the loop area is likely a challenge.  I've seen many Marriott's in New England with a Hearth room, a semi-public sitting area organized around a gas burning hearth adajent to the lobby/check-in area.  Is that what you're hoping to find?  In the Chicago area, there are Residence Inns with fireplaces in the Gatehouse.  To make it easier, I think "fireplace" is another amenity that might be added to the Advanced Search list on Marriott.com.

The closest Marriott with an in-room fireplace is the Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield about 20 miles from the loop in Deerfield, IL  I just happened to stumble across photos of their 2 bedroom duplex suite.  Looks really cozy and inviting, too

Suite Living Area

Two-Bedroom Suite

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fiddler Gold

River North Property on Dearborn has couple ..

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Fiddler and TJC,

Thanks so much for the information!

Great pictures, TJC.  Do not know if it will be worth the commute, but it is real nice to know about.

Hope I can return the favor for this infor. for you both.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry I recently stayed at a very nice RI here in CA that had fireplaces, the faux kind, with an electric switch and instant on features.  Given fire codes and spare the air alerts here in smoggy CA, it most likely a space heater with a flame that, to my untrained eye, looked very real.

In past years and at RIs there were those glue and wood logs in the fireplaces, the ones the drug stores sell, but this time the glass partition on the front was sealed shut, and no logs of any kind were ever going to enter.

There are DVDs of fireplaces burning that last for hours () you can buy or rent--just kidding.  But ask if the fireplaces are faux or fire.

Stepping,

I bought a DVD of a fire and am staying at the REN. on Michigan Ave.

Keep the suggestions coming!

It sure beats staying at a Motel, and using the diesel truck exhaust from next door to heat my room!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...