13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2016 10:01 PM by jm1991 RSS

Does Anyone Drink $5 Bottled Water?

nationwide Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I know we've had some discussion on this question before, but I just couldn't resist sharing this photo and posing the question.  I am at the Courtyard in Columbia, MD working from my room ... $5 bottles of Evian. Who drinks this stuff?  Is this just a franchisee looking to make a few extra dollars?  As a Platinum guest, they had regular bottles of water waiting on me, yet, there are two bottles of the "good stuff" for $5 apiece in my room. Does anyone ever succumb to convenience and spend $5 for a bottle of Evian in a Courtyard room?  Why?

$5 Water.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Columbia, Maryland, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Columbia
  • Re: Does Anyone Drink $5 Bottled Water?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

One word for you on this subject nationwide.

Never.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I Knew right away yours would be that one word answer bejacob

Yesterday it would have been mine

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

Its possible that I might succumb to a $5 bottle of Evian.  Of course, the circumstances would be extremely dire.  I might be tempted if I were in the middle of the Sahara Desert completely parched and on my hands and knees crawling up a giant sand dune.  Though the deal would be contingent on getting the bottle deposit returned. 

nationwide Platinum

gm1, under those dire circumstances, I think I could part with the $5.  Outside of that, I am not so sure....

seatexan Platinum

Hahahahaa!!!! Too funny gm1!  Yeah sure, then I might drink it!

Count me as a "never" too.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

OF course in France and Italy the wine is cheaper than water so when in doubt drink wine

nationwide Platinum

Ok jerryl, I'm in.  I want to try these $5 French or Italian wines!     Somehow I think I'd wind up wearing that wig again!!!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Then you might need a good lawyer like brightly bob

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Wwell, deprived of my wig (where I hide my brain) I picked up the free water at the Autograph ICON, had a good glug and then put it in my bag for the next part of my journey to the Houston Marriott North

IMG_1459.JPG

Only when I pulled it out of my bag did I notice.....

IMG_1458.JPG

So it seems I'm the one that drinks the $5 water

(is there a prize?)

rebeccakirahannah Platinum

My youngest child made it so that I had to answer yes to this question.  I spent $5 on bottled water, not once but twice as she sat down at the Renaissance and drank them while I was unpacking a suitcase. They were sitting right next to the two free bottles but when I asked why she drank the $5 ones instead she responded simply "the bottles were prettier". How do you argue with a small child's logic? I call that a $10 moment of laughter.

nationwide Platinum

2 points are a line, and 3 points make a trend, right?  If we get one more "accidental" response, I can only assume they are counting on us to make the mistake.  Of course, there are marketers high-fiving each other everywhere tonight too because they convinced rebeccakirahannah's little girl to drink them because they are pretty!  That story rocks!  This leads for most correct answer - I'll see if we get anymore before closing it out. 

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I am so glad that others have admitted to this mistake, as so have I.   In France and Italy, I always order "l'eau minerale gazeuse" or "frizzante" as it's a treat for me (I prefer sparkling over still), so by the end of these trips, I am used to paying for water "avec gas" or "frizzante" at each meal.  Coming home off of an European trip this year, and jetlagged while laying over, as well as parched, I sat down at a table at an airport lounge and proceeded to crack open a bottle of Fiji Water, which was situated at every table (as in - standard?), pour it into a glass, and "Ahh."  The server then approached me and mentioned something about the water not being complimentary...  Oops. Suddenly, that water tasted extra especially good.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

i did once when i was very hung over but dont recall getting charged for it, even days after checking out. These were bottles that were on the desk, not one of those fancy automatic charging stations.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...