3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2016 5:02 PM by iahflyr RSS

Lost and Found and Lost - Springfield, IL Fairfield Inn

orddoug Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

At the end of July I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Springfield, IL.  We had a nice stay, but my girlfriend left her hair straightener at the hotel.  We called the property and were assured they had the item and would hold it for pickup.  Unfortunately, when my girlfriend stopped in to pick it up, the staff could not locate it.  She left disappointed and called again to verify, only to be told that the straightener had re-appeared.  At this point, she was told that the hotel would mail the item back to her, but no package ever arrived.  Calling again after a few weeks, she was told by the desk staff that "we can't help you".  The employee on the phone then changed her name when asked, giving a different name than she had answered the phone with.  Considering that we were assured on 2 occasions that the missing item was in the possession of the hotel staff, it seems that we are due, either the item or the $60 it would cost to replace it.  I've left another message for the manager, but no reply so far.  Any suggestions??US

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Springfield, Illinois, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn Springfield
  • Re: Lost and Found and Lost - Springfield, IL Fairfield Inn
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

So sorry to hear this, orddoug. I've sent you a direct message for assistance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

orddoug Platinum

The power of the Marriott Community - I have received an excellent resolution to this issue, including the property purchasing a new straightener and shipping it (I have a tracking number) and posting some points to my account.  My thanks to AndrewT for reaching out and whatever role he played in moving this forward after the 7 weeks I've been dealing with it.  Thanks again to all.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

That's a pretty fast resolution and glad to learn that things worked out.  Well done AndrewT and yes you were missed last weekend also!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...