38 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2016 11:42 PM by needleworker RSS

Did you receive Marriott Reward Points for Anniversary Month?

coupons Gold
Currently Being Moderated

While on Twitter I noticed people getting points for their anniversary month (300 Mr for Gold Elite, 150 for Silver Elite, etc.); I have never rec'd points for my anniversary  month this is the response I got (I also got a phone number to call to check this out); I know I have been a member for years; wonder if I will get the pts for all the years I didn't

Carol  @socmom
Sep 16
@MarriottRewards #Rewarding how do I get 300 bonus pts saying thanks my loyalty as a gold elite member
Marriott Rewards
@MarriottRewards
Sep 16
@socmom Lastly, It needs to be your anniversary month of joining Marriott Rewards. I hope this is helpful!
Regards,
Derrick

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Did you receive Marriott Reward Points for Anniversary Month?
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

I'd be happy to look into this further if you send me a direct message with your Rewards number.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jsucool76 Gold

I got 300 points for my marriott-aversary

Signed up in Sept 2014

Hi all,

Bonus points are not offered for MR membersnhip anniversary months. Members who have the Premier Marriott Rewards Credit Card with Chase do receive an anniversary award. This is issued around the anniversary date they received the credit card.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

So, AndrewT, what are these folks talking about?

coupons Gold

On Twitter I found tweets congratulating people on their anniversary (please see my post below) and I had questioned this.  I will be calling the phone # I was given to get a clarification.  I been an MR member before getting my credit card so I am really look forward to my conversation

coupons Gold

please read my post dated Sept 19th I clarified the issue (as did Andrew T I guess after he was in touch with MR as well)

coupons Gold

Andrew I beg to differ with you. For the cc you get a hotel cert for up to a cat. 5 stay for one nite;  what I am referring to is the following which is on MR twitter feed; As I stated when I first questioned this 300 pts for gold and 150 for silver; Derrick the twitter caretaker sent me the following message

Hi, plz contact one of our team members by phone to answer all of your questions at: 800-450-4442 

Hours:  M- F 715am - 8pm CST

On your anniversary, we wanted to say thank you for your loyalty. Enjoy 500 bonus pts! #Rewarding  

Thank you all for reaching out. See below for details regarding anniversary bonus points.

Here are the three qualifications for receving these anniversary bonus points:

• You need to be an MR member
        • You need to have already linked your MR account with our Chirpify platform
        • It needs to be your anniversary month of joining MR

If you meet these qualifications, the points are automatically added to your account; no action required.

These tweets go out once per month and points are awarded based on status level in the following amounts:

• Basic: 50 points
        • Silver: 150 points
        • Gold: 300 points
        • Platinum: 500 points

coupons Gold

Andrew not to be petty, but,  a thank you acknowledgment  that my info was correct would have been nice.  Moderators should provide positive feedback to members when presented with information that you were not aware of previously

fun2go Platinum

HHow do you know the date of your anniversary?

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I don't believe this has anything to do with the Marriott branded credit card, nor with rewarding all rewards members with bonus points on their anniversary month.  I believe it has to do with targeting members that use social media platforms to post about the Marriott brand.  I think the program is relatively new, or at least the bonus points for your anniversary month is.  I received 500 bonus points in my anniversary month this year for the first time.  I've been on Twitter for a few years but only started tweeting Marriott #'s the last year or so. 

coupons Gold

Marriott cc has nothing to do with my post at all. Was your anniversary month when you joined MR or at the same time as your cc anniversary?  Numerous people were listed on the Twitter feed at all levels congratulating them on their anniversary. My messages back/forth with Twitter and Derek left me with a phone # to call. Will do that and provide feedback to all

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

To my knowledge, I have not received any such point, ever.  I recently received a notice congratulating me on my 25th anniversary with the program, but I don't recall any points being mentioned.

coupons Gold

In the anniversary month of you joining Marriott Rewards, you are entitled to  the following

• Basic: 50 points
    • Silver: 150 points
    • Gold: 300 points
    • Platinum: 500 points

I called Marriott today and was informed that the anniversary month points started in 2014 and I was given all my points which have since posted. While Andrew indicated that you need to be on Twitter and the Chirpify platform, I do not think this is the case. Anyone who has been a member since 2014, when the rewards started for the anniversary month, should call.

This is the number I used. When you get the automated recording, please ask for any ext. number using 4 digits so that you can be connected to a rep.

800-450-4442  Hours:  M- F 715am - 8pm CST

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Been a member almost 30 years.  Zero points for any of the anniversaries.

coupons Gold

call the # I posted; they were really nice and I got 1100 points for one platinum and two yrs; if I had not seen the posting on Twitter I would not have known about this either; similarly people were unaware fo the free elite nite for their b-days (I started that thread as well)

coupons Gold

As the original poster, I am upset that people have not been able to get appropriate answers. I am currently on the phone with MR and have sent them a pic showing what was on Twitter.  I have also tweeted to get a response Will keep you posted

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi everyone!

We took another look into this and confirmed that there is a promotion happening with anniversary nights on Twitter, though it has not been an ongoing offer, and there is no assurance that it will continue indefinitely. As Andrew mentioned above, it does need to be your anniversary month in order to get the bonus points, and you'll want to make sure your your Rewards account is connected to your Twitter account.

Hope that helps!

coupons Gold

When I  saw the initial posts on Twitter, I thought it was twitter related; however stated the pts were rec'd for ann. date so I tweeted back/forth and got the response which Andrew T also got about pts and ann. month;  I was told to call MR which I did; they gave me the pts n/o a problem; after being on hold with MR for quite sometime they said info would be forthcoming; I said that Twitter, MRI and MR need to communicate better so everyone has the same information; thanks lidseyh how did you find out that this is strictly a twitter promo?

rle Gold

How does one do this?  I cannot find the option on my Marriott Rewards account...

needleworker Gold 1 Reviews

Thanks to all for continuing to research this.  I am not on Twitter so probably will never get these points.  It was mystifying how the MR rep insisted that there was no such promotion, even after being pointed to this thread on MRI.  He was implying that somehow the screen shots posted here were not accurate; didn't quite come out and say they were fake, but came close.  I felt sure that the promotion did, in fact, exist.  I guess I trusted MRI more than MR.  It would be nice if they were on the same page though…….

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...