52 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2016 12:03 PM by ssindc RSS

PRE-TIPPLE HAS BEGUN...

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

... well, at least it has for me! I arrived at the JW Marriott Houston Downtown a couple of hours ago, had some work to complete and then set to exploring... first stop Griffin Lounge, and whaddya know? It's serving evening food and beverages.

So, this picture of Saint Arnold Lawnmower, BBQ slider and Quesadillos....

IMG_1432.JPG

... marks, so says I, and as a founder TIPPLER I reckon I have the right to call it... The TIPPLE pre-TIPPLE.

Just me.. on my own... Pre-Tippling

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: PRE-TIPPLE HAS BEGUN...
    fistuk Platinum

Hang on, mate.

I'll be there with you later on...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Lounge refreshments close down at 10pm so I'll be in the bar fistuk  when you arrive. Are you running on time?

fistuk Platinum

Yes, it seems so (at the moment).

I'm already at LAS airport, waiting for my departure in about 40 minutes.

Hope there will be no last minute delays...

I see you, flight UA1151 departing LAS 17:00, arriving IAH 21:58. I will plant myself in the bar at 22:30...

And to help you recognise me, here's a Pre-Tipple selfie...

IMG_1433.JPG

My real identity is of course a secret, hence I've cunningly altered the picture, you'll recognise me fine when you walk in on your hands!!!

fistuk Platinum

Gee, I knew getting WiFi on board will pay off!

Now you made me lough

Your flight is doing well and estimated to touch down at 21:30, although taxi-ing can take a while at IAH. I reckon you should be at the JW by 10:30 so I will be in the bar then... I owe you a cool 'un pal!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Ahhh nice to see that you got to enjoy the tour of the airport brightlybob after landing, what a nice time and they don't even charge for it anymore!!  At least they could serve some beverages before you get to the gate.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Nicely done. I decided to prepare for my visit to Texas with a lovely dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Fajitas and margaritas. I'm feeling the spirit(s) sway me.

Yep, I reckon I'm ready for H-Town.

nationwide Platinum

brightlybob, fistuk and bejacob welcome to Houston!  Glad y'all are here!  Can't wait to see you all tomorrow! 

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Let the games begin

Ah, status. Got Upgraded to FC between ATL and HOU. Arrival in town just a few hours away. A couple counties and then on to the JW.

See you this afternoon friends.

seatexan Platinum

Enjoy Galveston!  I appreciate the architecture of the new courthouse but the older one is awesomely retro!  It is still used as a courthouse

Drive to the Stand if you have time.  There is a 3 story building near kempner and strand, kind of across from Murphy's Pub. The design is stunning, and the detail is just fantasic. To me, it is one of the most beautiful and unique structures on that island.

Congrats on your upgrade! 

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

bejacob If you happen to see a Buccee's during your county collecting, you and brightlybob might want to stop and take a look at this Texas-sized convenience store.  We call it a convenience store on steroids. 

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Pre-Tipple LHR runway watching completed.  As soon as I finish watching this Thai Airlines A388 behemoth push back (pilots eyes are green, no wait, brown, definitely brown ), it will be time to - Dreamline to Houston!

seatexan Platinum

Watching this runway soinds awesome! 

Enjoy that Dreamliner!!! See you soon!

And the Dreamliner is in the air estimated to arrive 11 minutes early, come on guys put the pedal to the metal and get pluto77 in town even earlier.

Jsucool76 Gold

Provided my flight from FLL takes off on time, and I'm able to make my 40m connection in DFW I shall meet you there.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Well, done, pluto77....

Now ... step away from the window ... exit the concierge lounge ...  You .. CAN ... DO ... IT!!!!

AAnd so it begins...

PRe-TIPPLE breakfast with fistuk

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Bloody Mary's???

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Is the lounge open tonight? Hop(e)fully transfer from IAH will get me there about 6!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hope you two are enjoying breakfast!! 

If the Lounge breakfast is as good as the restaurants they are/did!!!

Jsucool76 Gold

Pre tipple-ing at FLL right now. Terminal 3. No lounge. Sat out here with the plebians, at the wrong gate, as there is no seating available at my gate. Oh how I love FLL. :-P

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

TThe PHL leg to DFW is delayed 30 minutes due to a flat tire......the connection will be tight.

Jsucool76 Gold

Sorry to hear that. Hope you make your connection!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

It's raining, it's pouring, maybe we should have planned on taking a boat to Houston!

I can't believe my TPA flight to CLT and on to IAH is also delayed by a FLAT TIRE! Hopefully I'll be on time to arrive at IAH at 4:45! See you tonight!

Jsucool76 Gold

brightlybob used his big USA trip to sprinkle nails all over the runways in America.

I think you're on to something there!

1 1/2 hrs to change the tire. I'm ska rewed for the connecting flight....

Like they say, "if you've got plenty of time, then fly"!!!  Hope no missed connections happen and everyone gets in on time.  Rain hasn't hit IAH yet and it worse to the east of town.

Jsucool76 Gold

I'm now delayed as well. My 40 minute connection just turned into a 20 minute one. We'll see.

Well my work for the day is done, so I'm here in Moonshiners hoping to improve my brainpower with liberal amounts of 8th Wonder IntellectuALE. I feel its working...

Time for intellectuALE thinking.... mmmnnnnng... urmmmmm... nnnnnnng:

bejacob is County collecting

JCool is being delayed

IAHFLYR is driving

and brightlybob wants to get lai.....

Um, no, that's not very intellectual... let's try another pint...

Ooh yes, now that's got the creative juices flowing...

Insiders are all a-travelling

Coming from near and from far

All converging at Marriott's JW

By flying, by train and by car

Now these Insiders are hungry & thirsty

But on Friday the lounge is closed down

So unless a saviour steps forward

Insiders will be hungry, thirsty and frown

So step forward the man of the moment

No not you SeaTexan or erc

This needs a Spirit to serve and of course

Bob with some Brit snacks, to work

So let's meet up in the lounge now Insiders

Tonight betwixt 5 and 7

For the honesty bar will be open

And Bob is serving bits of Brit heaven

Ever wanted to taste classic Brit barsnacks

Like Smiths Bacon or scampi fries

Digestive biscuits or jammy dodgers

All are here for all y'all delights

So gather round now all you Insiders

In the lounge at JW Downtown

There'll be no hunger or thirst here

And with the company no need to feel down

Yes, wow that intellectuALE really works!

See you in the lounge on the 11th floor between 5-7, when the JW has promised to open the honesty bar, and I'm providing tastes of Britain - yum! And after that we'll be dowin at the JW bar on the ground floor...

trevfour Platinum

Hi brightlybob, sounds like you are in very good form. Hope you all have a great time.

It's 3pm here, so it's a nice early time to finish the day!

AS Jimmy Buffett said it is 5 o'clock somewhere

I Will have some catching up to do tomorrow

Jsucool76 Gold

Missed my flight. Be at IAH around 8pm

youre delayed

But

youre on your way.

See you in the bar on the ground floor

Jsucool76 Gold

I posted up at the centurion lounge in terminal D till probably about 530ish. Then I'll start heading back.

Jsucool76 Gold

Update: lady next to me is going somewhere else, mentioned another flat tire delay. Sounds like my theory about brightlybob might be correct. Lol.

At my gate now, just a waiting game.

Jsucool76 Gold

Update 2:

My new flight to IAH is overbooked. Offered $200 voucher to fly out at 8:20PM.

No thanks, I ain't moving again.

4 Hrs waiting on flight from DFW..finally on board

Jsucool76 Gold

We've had very similar days. Lmao.

Jsucool76 Gold

Finally waiting on my uber. I hate American airlines xD

TIPPLERS PRE TIPPLING

IMG_2353.JPG

HAPPY TIPPLING ALL Y'ALL

fistuk Platinum

Pretty me... Oh yeah!

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Well, this thread ended suddenly! 

Jsucool76 Gold

We all started drinking... lol

Good start to the gathering. More than a dozen folks made it to town on Friday. Lots of great conversations, but not many pictures so far. We'll have to correct that on Saturday.

Jsucool76 Gold

I've got some pictures.I had to start grabbing some just to get my 1,250 points in since my flights were so delayed. Got one of the part of the group, will post it once my phone is charged back up!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...