9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2016 1:55 PM by iahflyr RSS

Feast Portland

bacon14 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone else attending Feast in Portland this weekend?  Curious what events anyone got tickets to and hear feedback for next year.  I've attended the Grand Tasting on Friday the last 2 years and will be attending it again this year.  In years past the Friday event never sold out, but this year almost every event has sold out.

Ready to get this weekend of food and wine started!

Cheers

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Portland, Oregon, USA
  • Re: Feast Portland
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

We so love PDX and will be passing through next month on the way to Lincoln City and a week at the coast.  PDX has some awesome spots to dine and we continue to find more and more, places like Pok Pok PDX for starters and then you have the Food Trucks.

It's already the weekend someplace to grab a glass and pour some Wine!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bacon14 Platinum

I start thinking about where all I'm going to eat months in advance!  If you haven't been to Screen Door yet, believe the hype, it really is that good. I recently learned about eggs Sardou from Screen Door and am not sure if I can wait until my next trip in late October to have it again.

Feast is a great event and there is a Marriott and Courtyard in easy walking distance which is ideal!

A few wineries are already on the Saturday/Sunday schedule

We normally stay at the City Center Marriott and spend hours in downtown wandering as well as SE Hawthorne St.!!!

bacon14 Platinum

IAHFLYR if you have a chance on your trip next month on your way to Lincoln City try Jory at the Allison Inn in Newberg for brunch.  Any meal there is great but they do a particularly excellent job on their crab cake benedict!!  

HMMM Newberg, not sure we go through there but then there are some tiny little cities along the road that we pass through in a second.  Will check it out, thanks for the info bacon14,

bacon14,

W normally take I-5 to Salem then down to the coast.  We did take 99W once to stop in at the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinnville, but might have to make another detour.  Not sure about brunch as we most likely would be traveling by about 2PM ish both ways, but will take a look and see.

Thanks for the tip.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

I love Feast Portland! I wasn't able to get tickets this year, but in year's past I've always attended the wine and chocolate tastings. Not sure if that's happening again this year or not.

All the places listed above are amazing (Pok Pok is one of my favorites IAHFLYR!). I also really enjoy Tasty & Alder, Toro Bravo, and Casa del Matador. Portland is such a foodie city, there are so many great places!

mustanggt Platinum

For the BEST steak in Portland dine at the Urban Farmer.  The steak is melt in your mouth good!  Also, for an appetizer order the cheese.  They wheel over a cheese cart to your table where you get to sample some fine cheeses.  If you prefer a liquid dinner, check out the Mutnomah Whiskey Library.  They have hundreds of fine whiskies, scotches and bourbons, many of which you will probably never see again in your lifetime.  Lastly, if sushi is your thing, go to Bamboo Sushi for there fresh selection of "sustainable" sushi.  Portland is a real foodie town!

bacon14 Platinum

Thanks for the tip on steaks at Urban Farmer!  I've never made it past their eggs Benedict for brunch on the most amazing homemade English muffins!  Multnomah whiskey library is on tap this trip and just hoping my non membership status doesn't mean too long of a wait.  This trip also includes Jory at the Allison and hoping I brought large enough sweatpants to get myself home. Time to eat!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...