4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2016 3:30 AM by felixf5 RSS

Platinum status match

wade123 Member
Currently Being Moderated

Will Marriott Rewards status match other hotels? I am currently Spire Elite, Fairmont Platinum, total rewards diamond, m life platinum, and approx 10 nights from Hilton diamond. I should reach Hilton diamond in the next 2 weeks I am typing this from hotel room. I spend a lot of time travelling and have a Marriott stay booked for November, hard to change brands and start from scratch when I always get room upgrades and other perks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum status match
    insertcoffee Platinum

There are multiple, if not *many*, current threads on this exact topic.

Short story: very unlikely. Marriott does not match status. There are challenges occasionally offered.

Look to the right, and you will see "More like this", or use search and you can read all of the current conversation on this.

And if you are looking for "room upgrades and other perks", upgrades are not really the focal point of the Marriott program.

You may call Customer Service and see if with more detail you get a different answer, but 'matching' for one stay: highly unlikely.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

wade123 Member

Hey insert coffee, I realize there are other posts like this but obviously none that answer my question.  I assume you are affiliated with Marriott since you are answering my question in such a condescending way. I was not intending that I was looking for status upgrade just for stay in November, it was my intention to move to Marriot starting tomorrow night. I stay in hotels 150+ nights per year plus own a company that has ten people in hotels tonight. What is the purpose of hotel loyalty programs if not for upgrades and perks?....I have enough points for over 200 nights between IHG and HHonors. Anyways....long story short superstar I guess I don't need to worry about booking stays at Marriott I am sure you will be good for business. Thanks!

insertcoffee Platinum

It is regrettable you did not supply all of this additional information when you first posted, and where you also say you're not staying there until November.

What you are proposing now is a completely different scenario, including being a business owner, with the potential to drive other business to Marriott, rather than someone who is staying for two or whatever nights in November. You did not make that clear at all in your initial post.

Having said that, Marriott still does not have a matching program. There is a challenge, however, and again, you could call or perhaps one of the CMs on this forum could assist you. I do not work for Marriott, but I am, in fact, a superstar, so thanks for mentioning that.

Your initial post, bolding is mine:

Will Marriott Rewards status match other hotels? I am currently Spire Elite, Fairmont Platinum, total rewards diamond, m life platinum, and approx 10 nights from Hilton diamond. I should reach Hilton diamond in the next 2 weeks I am typing this from hotel room. I spend a lot of time travelling and have a Marriott stay booked for November, hard to change brands and start from scratch when I always get room upgrades and other perks.

felixf5 Platinum

wade123 no need to feel attacked. insertcoffee is spot on and as this question pops-up about 10 times a week, you can get his slightly direct answer. He is not affiliated with Marriott, nor is it talking condescendingly a telltale sign of Marriott employees, why would you start off assuming that?

Anyway everything you want to know about status matches can be found in these two topics: Am I Eligible for a Gold (or Platinum) Challenge? and Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?.

Marriott doesn't hand out Platinum status to anyone who asks for it, that might be frustrating, but if everyone would be platinum, how much value would it have?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...