7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2016 1:50 PM by insertcoffee RSS

Increase in Residence Inn Commercials on ESPN Baseball Games

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was watching Sunday night baseball on ESPN last night and noticed quite an increase in Residence Inn commercials from previous telecasts.  Seems like Marriott is promoting the Residence Inn brand more than usual even here on Insides with the recent announcement of Hot news – follow your morning cravings with updated new free breakfast at Residence Inn®

Anyone else notice that as well as fewer Courtyard commercials running if any for NFL games yesterday?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Increase in Residence Inn Commercials on ESPN Baseball Games
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

IAHFLYR  I watched the Saints/Raiders game yesterday , but to be honest I did not pay much attention to the commercials.  After watching that game, I watched the golf tournament, but was able to fast forward through the commercials since I had recorded the tournament.  I have noticed that there is a Courtyard NFL contest that comes up on the homepage, but it is more complicated than I am willing to do.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mustanggt Platinum

I noticed a number of Courtyard commercials on Monday Night Football last night.  Courtyard is still advertising as the "official" hotel of the NFL...whatever that means.  Will we get a special lower rate at a Courtyard in a city with an NFL team?!?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Ahh, well since MNF was not on at our house last night that's why I missed the CY stuff.  I did however; find another RI commercial on the Food Network.

insertcoffee Platinum

Courtyard has had a relationship with the NFL for a number of years and these seasonal ads come up every year during football.  I've not seen yet where that relationship included a 'special rate' for fans staying at a Courtyard near a game.

As others have pointed out, the new emphasis on the RI ads is more apparent-- along with the general Marriott push to start to try to entice younger people to make RI a choice when staying somewhere. All of the ads for RI have a lot more 'punch', and all the ones I have seen this year feature much younger people staying there as the guests-- and having such a phenomenally wonderful time. IAHFLYR

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree I have seen a lot of Residence Inn commercials lately. Pretty good spots too! They do seem to be doing a lot more promotion of the RI brand!

insertcoffee Platinum

Found this on the Marriott webpage.

I can see why I've missed what it is that happens onsite. I'm usually checked out by Thursday/Friday nights.

http://news.marriott.com/2016/09/marriott-kicks-off-sixth-year-nfl-partnership-ensuring-guests-can-eat-sleep-breathe-football-season/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...