4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2016 1:30 PM by tommo781 RSS

When Does Gold Kick In?

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This is not a question about penny pinching, I am just curious.

I have 46 elite nights this year.  Soon I should get a birthday night making 47.  Then I have a 5 night stay booked, with double elite nights.  So at the end I will have 57 nights, therefore Gold.

But when does the Gold kick in?  Do I become Gold 2 days into the stay when I will have 2 nights doubled, so 51 nights? After 3 nights if the promo nights are added at the end?  Or after the stay when I should register 57 nights, and still get silver points on the final bill?

Like I say, it doesn't matter to me at all.  I am just curious how these things work.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: When Does Gold Kick In?
    felixf5 Platinum

The elite nights are credited to your account within 10 working days after check-out. When they are credited to your account you should get the new status. But definitely not midway through your stay

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks felixf5.  Actually I should have worked that out all by myself.  I must have been having a real senior moment!!!!!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Felix is bang on here, Tommo781, new status only kicks in when Marriott is made aware of the nights stayed and that only occurs after you checkout when points post. The new status should trigger the moment the points (and hence nights) credit. As you say, because you stay principally at 2 hotels they accord you with upgrades etc anyway so for you the only difference Gold brings is that extra half point per $ spent, and such a minute difference makes this question no more than a curio...

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Absolutely right brightlybob.  I was only curious.  The difference in points is immaterial as I am so well looked after by the Marriott Hotels in the UK I use.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...