10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2016 2:33 PM by monisame RSS

Renaissance Downtown Denver - Review

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Stayed at Ren Downtown Denver (not the one by the old Stapleton airport location which is not too good).  This one is great.  Excellent downtown location close to everything.  Only about 2 years old, so nice and new.  In an old bank building with lots of character - fun restaurant and lobby/lobby bar with lots of style and quite upscale.  Only downside was rooms are pretty tiny.  But nicely appointed, and I didn't mind the smaller size room.  CL is in a balcony area on 2nd fl overlooking the lobby. Very good offerings in CL and good service.  Decent gym in basement.  No pool.  Pretty decent service overall.  I got an early check in and late checkout without any problems even tho the hotel was full b/c of Broncos game.  United delivered my bag directly to hotel and no problems there, either.  I would stay again if in Denver.  Definitely one of the better Marriott properties I've stayed at and a very nice representation of the Ren brand which is one of my favorite Marriott brands.  Nice addition to downtown Denver along with other great Marriott properties such as Brown Palace and RC Denver.  Rate was fairly reasonable for the area as well.  A nice FS property but not huge, so somewhat cozy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Denver, Colorado, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel
  • Re: Renaissance Downtown Denver - Review
    nationwide Platinum

clebert -great review!  Thanks for taking the time to share!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

I agree with nationwide, great write up! Thanks, clebert!

insertcoffee Platinum

I've not been to that Ren but have been to the Brown Palace a number of times. Miss the old stadium.

Denver is a great city. Used to commute (fly) there for work, and it was a location I was always happy to go to, even in winter.

monisame Platinum

Brown Palace belongs to Autograph???

nationwide Platinum

monisame, yes it does, I wrote a review on the Brown Palace a few months back.  I found it to be a delightful hotel. 

Here is the link:

Hotel Review – Brown Palace Hotel and Spa (Denver, CO) Autograph Collection

monisame Platinum

Hi nationwide I has just saw your review and the pics !!! Thanks so much for sharing it.  I was planing and Stay at Ren in Denver but I after reading your post, I will change to the Brown..

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

monisame, just to clarify, nationwide's stay in his review was at the Denver Renaissance near old Stapleton airport.  That is not the Denver Renaissance Downtown.  The Ren at Stapleton is not one I could recommend.  I had a problematic stay there and would not stay again.  It's older and had bad service when I was there (with the exception of the restaurant which had good service).  I have a review floating around here somewhere of that hotel, and it's not a good review.  The Ren Downtown is swanky and new and is excellent.  But I also recommend the Brown Palace - it's a Denver institution!

monisame Platinum

Thanks clebert. I think I will try the two as I have to do to stops in Denver. I love the new Ren Properties 

monisame Platinum

Thanks a lot for sharing!!! I am planning an stay in Denver, and after this review I know that it is the one.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Absolutely agree on the Brown Palace - this is a wonderful property.

Denver: Brown Palace, Colorado Springs, etc.

- - - -  Still kind of laughing/embarrassed that I posted an incorrect link the first time around....  Too much travel/jet lag - goofy - I think we can agree that Chicago isn't Denver:

I took my family there - on the advice of this community - and we really enjoyed it!!!!!

Chicago Advice: Blackstone, JW, Rez Inn/Spring Hill Suites Combo, etc?

Message was edited by: ssindc

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...