3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2016 10:51 AM by seachi RSS

Opening Night

natural_log Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Does Marriott do anything special for the opening night of a new hotel like the airlines do for a new route?  There is an RI opening soon near me and I am tempted to book it for opening night if there will be something special going on.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Opening Night
    Jsucool76 Gold

It's possible they might do something, but probably not anything huge.

The difference is, when an airline launches a new route, it's the airline doing it. New hotel opens, it's usually (but not always) just some random company opening a hotel that happens to say marriott on it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

insertcoffee Platinum

Is it a brand new construction hotel, from ground up, or is the property just being reflagged as a Marriott RI? If 'special' means promotion, balloons, and so on, that will likely happen. If 'special' means greatly reduced room rates during opening, that *might* happen, especially if it is a brand new property and the initial opening is a soft one, with perhaps not everything completed at that time.

And I'd say that most Marriott properties, but not all, are owned by franchisees, and not by Marriott proper, which is what Jsucool76 likely means by 'random companies'.

Your best bet is to call the property or their ownership and ask them what they are doing.

seachi Platinum

Agreed - you need to reach out to the management company to learn about any special events going on.

I had a family member stay the first night at a hotel and at the hotel's request, they had their picture taken with the team and were declared the "first guest." They actually were not aware that they were going to be the first guest until they arrived. It was a neat opportunity and I hope to have the same experience someday.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...