3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2016 7:55 AM by vacationplanner RSS

Barony Beach Club, Hilton Head, SC

vacationplanner Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

During mid August my family stayed at the Barony Beach Club, Hilton Head SC. We opted to stay at the villas as a way of checking out the property for future ownership. While there we experienced a few mishaps (Room was not cleaned when they indicated it would be, smoke detector in our unit went off randomly, and there was no water one day). All of the problems could be overcome. However, we experienced bedbugs at this villa.  I called to discuss this with the hotel and the manager indicated that Orkin sprays for bedbugs regularly. In fact when we checked in the Orkin truck was in front of the building. We noticed the Orkin truck several times on the property. Post check out we mentioned this to the management who indicated that they try to stay on top this problem and that is why Orkin is on-site frequently. After we arrived home, I learned more about bed bugs and their bites and the different reactions people have.  Needless to say, I never want to have this problem again. The reaction to the bites lasted weeks. I called Marriott customer service who indicated that someone would get back to me. I have waited over a week and no one has gotten back to me.  I am a bit disappointment since we are faithful Marriott vacationers and have never experienced anything like this.  The property is nice and family friendly, but the bug issue is unacceptable.  In addition, I would have thought Marriott customer service would have addressed my concerns. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hilton Head, Barony Beach Club
  • Re: Barony Beach Club, Hilton Head, SC
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey vacationplanner! I'd be happy to help follow up on this for you. Go ahead and send me a private message with your Rewards number and best method of contact, and I'll have someone reach out!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Regret to hear about your experience. The Barony Beach Club facility on Hilton Head Island is one of older MVC units, and from our previous experiences at other MVC properties on the island  - especially Grand Ocean and Harbour Club - we've never had this much trouble. Assuming you paid for the visit, I'd even request a refund,or some concession, if I were you, as this kind of report is poor public relations for Marriott!

vacationplanner Platinum

So we were finally contacted by a customer care manager who represents the Marriott Vacation Club brand and they  tested the room at the end of September and now tell us there is no problem.  He offered us 20,000 points for out trouble and minimized the situation by stating the problems we experienced could not have happened. We have been faithful to the Marriott brand and are platinum members, and to be honest I have never experienced anything like this at any Marriott property. Also the way the customer care manager handled it is also very disappointing.  I will be very leery about staying in one of these properties again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...