5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 8:11 AM by shashack RSS

Airline fees

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just ran across this list of additional bag, etc. fees, listed by major airline.  Hopefully it's current and accurate.  It requires Abode Reader (free to download) to operate.

If there are errors please post them. There are waivers as zukracer says, for elite members of the airlines FF programs, at least at the moment!

Thanks for the update and keep flying!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Airline fees
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

good to know stuff that could come in handy.  thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Its probably important to note that status on some of the airlines will remove some of the charges, particularly bag fees.  I know for American I can check 2 bags free with my status.  Also the change fees can be waived at times if you are booking a like for like ticket...at least they have done that in the past for me when I call the elite phone number.  Doesn't always happen but like here, status seems to count sometimes

jasone Member

Airline fees and other fees today are not merely a hassle, but rather a fact of life. Some airlines refuse to engage in fees hike. Southwest Airlines, according to the Seattle Times, is the only carrier that refuses to charge baggage fees or rebooking fees.Air carriers are likely to only continue to charge fees in coming years as it gets tougher for some companies to stay in the sky.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Swa says they may change in the future,

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

Whole a fan of SWA, when it comes to baggage handling it appears that the adage you get what you pay for applies.   I have had more delayebade liveries and damaged bags on SWA than all other carriers combined.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...