5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2016 7:23 AM by nationwide RSS

Elite reserved parking spaces

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

While traveling this past weekend, I saw a Hampton Inn that had a handful of parking spaces reserved for Diamond Elites.  These spots were all by the front entrance, and had signs in each space indicating so.  I've certainly never seen this at any Marriott property.  Thoughts or opinions on this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite reserved parking spaces
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I've seen it before and thought to myself, self......how is that enforced?  Are there Diamonds that one puts on their vehicles or does the front desk give you some sort of special handshake and parking pass to hang on your mirror?

I do like the touch that it brings.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

At the Aruba Marriott Stellaris, they have special parking for people that are on the Tradewinds level. Not for elites per se though.

ppino69 Platinum 1 Reviews

Ive seen it at Hampton Inn also..never at a Marriott property..I guess you would place your Diamond HHonors card (That Hilton matched because of my MR Platinum staus..Im sure i will be dropping to HHonors Gold next year as I try to avoid Hilton properties as they dont like airline employees) I will keep Gold Hilton status courtesy of Platinum Amex.

insertcoffee Platinum

I've seen it at Hilton and some Marriotts elsewhere. Not important to me, though.

And depending on the build out of the hotel, not necessarily more convenient.

I can think of a lot of things I'd rather campaign for before designated parking, though I can see it could be a draw for some folks.

And how would that work for Fly and PArk or whatever it's called?  Could Platinums take up a premium spot for two weeks while they toured Europe?

Sounds like a lot of overhead with supervision, monitoring, and disappointments when Platinums come into a Plat heavy prop, check in late, and the next thread will be I Checked Into So-and-So And There Were No Super Special Parking Places Left! &tc. ---similar to what I see Hilton folks kvetching about now.

nationwide Platinum

muppetwrangler I experienced "Elite Parking" this summer at the Atlanta Marriott Northwest Galleria.  I had never seen it before, but there were a few small rows (maybe 5 spots@) dedicated to elite parking, and they were status coded too... There was a row for Platinums (closest to the hotel), Gold (moving further out), and Silvers furthest away.  I felt great about getting a platinum spot, and then it immediately struck me that it was on the honor system.  Nobody validated my status, and I could have just as easily had no status at all.  To insertcoffee's point, this is surely more trouble than it's worth. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...