9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2010 5:18 AM by profchiara RSS

Marriott Rewards Credit Card

taxman415 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone receive detailed information about this promo? Thanks

It is my pleasure to provide you with an exclusive, Insiders-only, first look at a few benefits we have added to the Marriott Rewards Credit Card.

Additional Elite Night Credit for Every $3,000 Spent - Valued cardmembers receive 10-15 nights credit toward Elite membership level each year (depending on card type).  NOW, that status can be elevated even faster. For every $3,000 spent using the Marriott Rewards Credit Card, cardmembers will receive one additional night credit toward Elite status - with no limit on  the number of nights that can be earned.

15,000 Bonus Marriott Rewards Points for 7-night Redemption Stays at Category 7/8 Hotels - When cardmembers redeem their hard-earned points for a 7-night stay at Category 7 or 8 hotels, they will receive a bonus of 15,000 Marriott Rewards Points. Cardmembers can now experience a luxurious AND even more rewarding vacation. An added bonus just for being a cardmember!

A formal announcement, featuring more detailed information, will be made via mail to all cardholders in February, but I am glad that the Marriott Rewards Insiders community is the first to know.

Regards,

Andrew

*Applies to all US card products - Signature, Premier & Business

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Credit Card
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I  received this in the mail yesterday and it's great for me.  I use my Premier Marriott VISA card like a debit card and pay it off each month.  So since this does not specify how you spend the $3000 to get each extra night I will get a lot of extra nights.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Here is one review of the card from an independent source, though he seems to take both sides of the issue.

As always, choosing a card is a personal choice and left unsaid, is the act that not everyone qualifies for the Premier level card, the one with the highest level of rewards and free nights.

But, for me at least, the card is my travel card of choice and much less expensive than other cards, such as AMEX Platinum or Visa Black card.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I had not seen it but this is great news!  I have the premier (black) card and use it as often as I can for everything from milk to hotel stays :)

Thanks for posting this up, I'll have to remember to get the wife a copy of it so we can hit the 3k mark faster LOL

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Maybe we can each buy a car with the card and earn a couple weeks free elite night qualification?

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Maybe we can each buy a car with the card and earn a couple weeks free elite night qualification?

LOL  the problem is most car dealers wouldn't take the card because of the fees they charge to use them....not that I've tried or anything

taxman415 Platinum

not that I've tried or anything Innocent

Well I have tried and the most they will take is $5k...

mikeraff Platinum

I called chase/marriott credit cards services and was informed the following: I charged $42k to my credit card in January, therefore I will be receiving 14 nights towards elite membership level credited to my account in 6-8 weeks.

For me who can't travel as much as I would like to, this is a great way to achieve a higher status when I do travel.

This is the best thing they have done in years.  Finally an increase in the program instead of a takeaway.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Interesting..another watering down of the elite status. Pretty soon everyone will qualify for elite status which should be another coup for the Marriott and a detriment to all elite members.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I've already had my first nights posted thanks to the card! It was already by far my favorite credit card, but this makes it that much better.

And I don't think people need to be worried about more watering down of elite status.  If you spend enough money to earn a substantial amount of nights credited, then you are probably also spending many nights at Marriotts.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...