5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2016 4:56 PM by monisame RSS

Other ways to gain promotional nights?

raiderjack07 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Are there additional ways to add promotional nights?  In planning for the remainder of the year, as is stands currently, it looks like I will be 5-7 nights short of Platinum (w/o credit card).   I did receive my birthday night. Any suggewstions / advice? thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Other ways to gain promotional nights?
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

At this time, the credit card would be your best bet, as this earns you 15 nights annually, along with an additional night for every $3,000 spent. There are currently no promotions running that offer elite night credits.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mustanggt Platinum

If you have any MR points in your account or any category 1-5 certificates, you can use them towards free night stays and also earn elite night credits at the same time.

YogiB Platinum

It seems that if you jumped earlier on the occasion, maybe the Platinum challenge could've been worth your while. Too late for that though.

In the case that you're not from the US, check promotion central for the Double Elite Night promo, which will fast track your route to Platinum.

And, as Andrew suggested, the Marriott Visa is an interesting option. In your first year the annual fee will be waived any way, but you'll at least get a free night certificate (CAT 1-4) after approval, 15 elite night credits, a big load of bonus points (make sure to follow the elite offer in stead of the standard offer) and you'll be earning an interesting additional 5pts / $ at every time to charge your Marriott-related charges on your card. US card holders even get an elite night at every 3000$ spend, so you don't actually need to go to the hotel to get gain/retain elite levels.

If it's not worth your while, you can cancel just before your first renewal without penalties.

insertcoffee Platinum

Considering this is going to be MegaBonus season, it is a great time to earn nights by... spending nights in a Marriott!

And no, Marriott will not give you a 'boost' to Platinum if you are short several days.

Happy booking!

monisame Platinum

Two years ago I did not reach the nights to mantain the platinun status, with 47 nights in they gave me the gold one, and also received a letter from them offering me to continue being plantinun for 35.000 points. Nice touch

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...