2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2016 3:58 AM by brightlybob RSS

Five New Properties In The U.K.??

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I see on the new hotel page, five new properties are open or opening soon in the U.K.

Two MOXY's:

Aberdeen Airport...Open Nov. 2016

London Excel....Open Dec. 2016

Two Courtyards:

Edinburgh...Open Nov. 2016

Glasgow Airport.... Open ????

One Autograph:

Hotel Xenia, Kensington, London....Open Now?

Any of our U.K. friends...or anyone for that matter...scheduled to try them out?

• Re: Five New Properties In The U.K.??
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I came close to pulling the trigger at Xenia, due to the price point and it being a very short stay, but opted for another property for a better price point and more amenities. Xenia is very close to Kensington Marriott and both are walkable from Earl's Court tube station with a piece of luggage.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Five New Properties In The U.K.??
      brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Welcome to our time-zone pluto77

I came close to pulling the trigger on the Xenia for a 2-day job I have in London just before Christmas but it went to the Kensington Marriott to save £150. I do have to watch the costs as although it's a business stay I am paid by the case and responsible for my own expenses, so whatever I don't spend is (after tax) effectively extra pay for me!

As for the rest, I am sure I will eventually use the Glasgow Airport CY, especially if Scotland presses ahead with abolishing Air Passenger Duty. The Edinburgh CY may grab me as its central but it will need to be a lot cheaper than the excellent Autograph... And I mean a lot cheaper!

No real chance of me using Aberdeen airport hotels, but I will almost certainly try out the Excel Moxy on one of my London jaunts...

However I have no plans to try any of these this year, sorry folks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...