5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2016 7:01 PM by brightlybob RSS

Hyatt Status Match

marriottian Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I achieved Plat with Hyatt and have Gold stat with Marriott. Does anyone know if Marriott would match my Hyatt Plat status?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hyatt Status Match
    Jsucool76 Gold

Hyatt platinum status is about equivalent of marriott silver status, so it's unlikely.

Hyatt platinum status is their lowest tier, whereas marriott platinum is the highest tier.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

insertcoffee Platinum

The non-equivalencies of the 'metals' aside,  Marriott has tended to do more challenges in recent years and I have heard of few successful 'matches'. There is an active thread here for reference to challenges.

There was also a Road To Platinum/Gold etc. program, but I don't know if that is still running or not. I have heard various reports.

If y ou have 50 nights, the requirement for Gold, you are only 25 away from Platinum at the most. Were you trying for the incremental improvement in points for a planned stay?

marriottian Gold

no just thought that would be nice, but maybe I'd better Hyatt to match my MR Gold status

insertcoffee Platinum

Spend some time researching. Some programs only only a match *once* per lifetime of the individual. Unless you are staying at a Hyatt, the match doesn't really do anything for you, and if this is a once-a-lifetime match, you might wish to save it for when it counts, and when you have a higher status in a program to match in the first place.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I asked similarly about a Marriott to Hyatt match on Flyertalk and was told it's easily available but once in a lifetime. Since I only had one stay planned and theres only 2 or 3 Hyatts in the UK I gave it a miss. Hyatts top tier us well worth its place, but I need to be able to squeeze it properly if I'm to blow my once in a lifetime match!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...