3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2016 11:30 AM by prescottclare RSS

Android App does not keep you logged in

prescottclare Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I searched this site and it seems the last post regarding this problem was a year ago so I thought I'd bring it back up.

Why, oh why does the Marriott app forget about me? I open it and it acts like it doesn't know who I am.

2016-09-04 18.00.39.png

I go to the menu and "Sign Out" is available. If "Sign Out" is available, that indicates I'm signed in, but alas, I must sign out, then sign in for it to find me again.

2016-09-04 18.01.18.jpg2016-09-04 18.01.33.jpg2016-09-04 18.01.46.png

Why can't this be fixed. My fellow iPhone travelers tell me this is not an issue on their phones. Why is it on my Samsung s7 and on the previous 3 android phones I've had?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Android App does not keep you logged in
    Jsucool76 Gold

Marriott's strong suit does not appear to be anything that relates to technology.

For me, if I open the Marriott app after a long time of inactivity, it doesn't require I sign out, simply requires I sign back in. It also could happen after a device restart, or a loss of network connection. Hard to tell without looking deeper into it. I would use the "Send feedback" option found in the menu under "More."

This will ensure that your feedback is getting to the team responsible for developing the application.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seachi Platinum

I know - this is pathetic. I've had the issue for over a year now and reported it last October in an email to the app team at Marriott. Here's the email I received last week on this issue:

You are right that the issue of frequent sign-outs on Android has been known for quite a while, and our development teams have been aware of it and trying to determine the root cause. I am sorry that it still occurs, and would like to see it fully resolved as well. Apparently that has not been a simple matter though. Several fixes have been released that were intended to resolve this, but it seems there are more facets to the issue that they have not been able to fully identify. I will continue to advocate on your behalf as they continue to dig into it.

prescottclare Platinum

Thanks, folks.When I "Sent Feedback", the response was to create the reservations through the Marriott website and they would appear on the app. Since I already do this and they would know this if an actual person read the feedback instead of some sort of algorithmic parser, I was not pleased.

I just wish they would fix the problem.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...