2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2010 1:08 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

John from San Antonio Call Center

lagerman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Gosh, I just had - very possibly - THE worst customer experience of my life with Marriott Rewards agent John from the San Antonio call center. We spent over 30 minutes on the phone discussing a very simple issue, yet I was given some of the most convoluted runaround I have ever seen. The really frustrating part was how he kept insisting that no supervisors were available despite two lengthy periods of being kept on hold. I've been a Marriott Rewards member for several years, have excellent credit and travel for business extensively - I am completely stumped by this experience! Has anyone else ever had to deal with John from the San Antonio office??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: John from San Antonio Call Center
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I normally speak with the folks in Omaha who are very good and very knowledgeable.  May I suggest that you call back in a day or so at the same time and since it is unlikely you'll get him again, I would then ask for a supervisor.

In addition many of the calls are recorded so there will be a record of all this that transpired.

Failing to get satisfaction on this an email to customer care might be in order.

Good luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: John from San Antonio Call Center
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Given the number of flights cancelled due to snow storms, the call volume from stranded or soon-to-be-stranded travellers probably hit a spike causing an all-hands-on-deck situation and longer than usual call-waiting.  As Stepping Stones suggests, if the issue is not urgent, try calling during the day.  The other option is to e-mail Customer.Care@Marriott.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...