3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2016 12:07 PM by brightlybob RSS

Points/Nights for Rewards + Cash Upgrade

crnkotm Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So if I understanding thsi correctly, if I make a  reservation using points I still get credits for the nights stayed but if I use rewards + cash for an upgrade I don't get points for the extra dollars spent on the upgrade? I'm pretty sure this is the way it is but I wanted to verify that's it's just as good to use all points if I have them to spend.

Respectfully,

Tony

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points/Nights for Rewards + Cash Upgrade
    peymanagement Platinum

That is my understanding as well; no points for the extra dollars.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

It definitely is right, as I found out to my cost this year.  However, I think it is totally wrong that cash sent does not qualify.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

That's right, no points for money spent on redemption upgrades nor points for money spent on cash and point redemptions. I think it was pretty lax until the new points and cash redemption option came in but now it's simple:

NO points on room rate when redeeming (other than using instant redemptions)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...