14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2016 9:08 AM by carat RSS

Good Challenge

viajero55 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

If I am in the middle of a "gold challenge", does a one night stay using my points still count as one of the 6 required stays?  Or is it only paid stays that count?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Good Challenge
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

This is a great question, viajero55.  When it comes to the challenges, only paid stays will be counted.  However, you will still receive your Elite Night Credit for the stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

viajero55 Gold

¡Gracias!  That's what I suspected.  I appreciate the confirmation. 

gymdawgfan Gold

I was granted "gold"status via the SPG - Marriott merger.  I was told my new gold status would only last until the end of this year.  Since I will continue to have the credit card that gave me the SPG gold status indefinitely do you know if this status will be maintained into 2017 and beyond?  Also, will I need an additional 25 elite nighs to make Platinum status? 

THank you for your help!

Welcome to Insiders, gymdawgfan! As long as your status is maintained in your SPG account, it will be matched in your Rewards account as well. You will need to either reach the 25 stays or 50 nights in your SPG account or complete/reach 75 nights in your Rewards account to be upgraded to Platinum.  

rj321 Member

Hi Carat,

I just started a new project and will be travelling lot to my client. I will be staying in a Marriott property every week when I visit my client. I see lot of people on this blog reached out to you for this challenge. Can you please also help me take the Gold challenge. Greatly appreciate that.

Thank you so much

Welcome to Insiders rj321!  Sounds like this would be a great time for a status challenge.   I have reached out via direct message for additional details.

702rugbyref Platinum

I think it is based on paid nights only but I could be wrong.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

You are correct, sir.

viajero55 Gold

AS a follow up question.  I am about to finish my gold challenge.  I will have 41 nights at that point.  How will I progress to Platinum?  Will I simply need 25 more nights after achieving gold status via a challEng or will I need to get 34 nights?

Excellent question, viajero55!  In order to achieve Platinum status after completing the Gold Challenge, you still need to meet the requirement of 75 nights.  So, in your case, you would still need to complete the 34 nights to reach Platinum. 

viajero55 Gold

Thank you, carat.  You're worth your weight in...   carats!       

LOVE IT!!  viajero55, always glad to help where I can.  Thanks!!

viajero55 Gold

Learning how to give credit and Follow.  You have given me good advice carat.  How do I follow you to continue learning?

This is a great question, viajero55!  When you would like to follow a fellow Insider, go to their profile and in the upper left hand corner, you will see an option to "Follow."  Once you've clicked that button, you are following that person.  When other members following you, you will receive an "Alert" and will be able to follow that member back.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...