3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2016 8:28 AM by droma RSS

Sleepless in Southside, Pittsburgh...

striper23 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

WTF,  I did it again. I booked a room  (2 nights) at the Southside works, Springhill Suites, Pittsburgh. I asked for a riverside room and when I checked in all they had was the train track side room. It's a nice room and all but the all too frequent train line is directly beneath my window. It is now the middle of the night and have been woken up 3 x times in 3 hours. The trains rumble down the tracks and blow their horns just as they pass alongside the hotel. The wall literally shakes in my room.

There needs to be a triple or mega type bonus point structure or reward for the people who stay at this hotel and lose in the "Russian Roulette" at the front desk and are "sentenced" to stay on the train side of the hotel.

I should have stayed at the new Hyatt House up the road.

Sleepless in Southside, Pittsburgh..

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Sleepless in Southside, Pittsburgh...
    nationwide Platinum

striper23 - this sounds awful!  By virtue of your opening, this has happened to you before at the same hotel?  Wow! There are a number of other great Marriott properties in Pittsburgh, and I would be looking elsewhere next time out. That said, did you talk to the manager after your experience?  You deserved fair warning, and a pair of earplugs, if you were knowingly going to be subjected to a regular schedule of train whistles all night long.  Or, you should most assuredly insist on some form of compensation for the lost night's sleep - e.g. extra points.  The moderators here on the forum may be able to help you if you've already checked out.  If you haven't, you should insist on speaking to the manager to give them an opportunity to make this "better" for you.

Alternatively, carat or deannad or AndrewT can give you an assist.  At least today is National Coffee Day as I understand it, so you won't be out of place chugging coffee all day

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

So sorry to hear of this frustrating stay, striper23!!  I have reached out via direct message as I'd like to share your comments with the appropriate team.  Thanks again for tagging us in nationwide

droma Platinum

I know exactly what you're talking about in this hotel.  It is probably the best located Marriott for South Side and has nice accommodations, but the train track behind is rough.  Unfortunately, the only thing to do is actually pay for a high room or river view (thus guaranteeing you're not at the mercy of luck).  If you simply ask on check in you run the risk of being on top of the tracks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...