9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2016 5:17 PM by ranya2000 RSS

Need Help in understanding my Status validity

ranya2000 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am new here and have been a Marriott Platinum for a few years now. Based on what I see in my profile I should be a platinum for all of 2017 but the rewards rep was quire rude and told me despite my 133 nights this year - there are 51 rollover nights and 21 credit card nights and some Bonus so that is not counted and hence I need to do 58 more nights by 2016 DEC in order to be a platinum for 2107. Which to me makes no sense. I won't travel till Jan next year. If anyone can help me understand based on the below if I am a platinum till 31st Dec 2017 or when I start travelling back in Jan I will be a basic member?

Thanks,

Ranya

Marriott.PNG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need Help in understanding my Status validity
    peymanagement Platinum

I believe that the rep was wrong if they were saying that you need anything more to achieve plat for 2017. You clearly have enough. The rewards card points count and you have already stayed 61 nights. The roll over should count too, towards 2017.My math would have you rolling over quite a few nights into 2017 towards 2018 status.

The trick is you cant double roll over but it does not look like you are. There is a post on this that you should look at.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ranya2000 Platinum

Thanks - That's what I thought so based on my previous years. I thought policies have changed at Marriott that I am unaware of.

peymanagement Platinum

The rep was probably thinking 2018 and her numbers would be in the ballpark. for 2018.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi Ranya,

I'd be happy to confirm the standing of your status if you could send me a direct message with your Rewards number.

Thanks!

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi again ranya2000,

Elite levels are based on the amount of nights listed on the members account for the current year. You do in fact have 133 nights credited towards the 2016 year. This gives you the nights needed for the Platinum Elite level in 2017. Both the rollover nights and the credit Elite nights are counted.  The rep may have been confused with the rollover nights. They only rollover one year. 

You will see your Platinum level expiration date extend through 2017 at the beginning of the year.

YogiB Platinum

The normal calculation would be:

[all elite nights] - [nights needed to keep your status] - [2015 roll over nights] = [2016 roll over nights for 2017]

Fill in the variables:

(61+72) - 75 - 51 = 133 - 75 - 51 = 7 nights to roll over into 2017 and you'll extend your platinum status to February 2018.

ranya2000 Platinum

Thanks you - This helps. I guess in Jan 2017 they will automatically extend till Jan 2018..

insertcoffee Platinum

Rollover nights roll over one time. Whatever you rolled over for 2017 will go away as far as counting toward 2018. 'Fresh' nights incurred in 2017 will roll over to 2018, if you have exceeded an elite threshold.

ranya2000 Platinum

Yeah that's fine as long as what I exceed minus the roll over in 2016 which it looks like 7 will go to 2017 and also since I have done the 75 this year I should be an Platinum all through 2017 as I possibly cannot do 75 between Now and December which is basically what the rep said.

Wish it was simple and straightforward that you stay 75 nights in the current year and you are plat elite the next and stay 75 the next and you are plat elite the year after next and so on..

Wonder if other chains are as confusing

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...