3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2016 11:28 AM by droma RSS

Marriott purchase of Sheraton properties

mazeraa Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Now that Marriott has purchased the Sheraton, will I be able to earn Marriott rewards points if I stay at a Sheraton?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott purchase of Sheraton properties
    YogiB Platinum

I remember from the news messages about it that it will take at least 2 years for the rewards programs to be merged. For the time being, you can't earn Marriott points at SPG hotels and vice versa.

Also look in the right column under "More Like This" for similar topics.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks YogiB!!  You are spot on, as of right now, the loyalty programs will remain separate.  We'll be sure to keep our Insiders in the loop as announcements are made.

droma Platinum

Marriott and Sheraton are not actually a combined hotel chain yet.  They are still awaiting Chinese approval for the merger to go through.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...