8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2016 9:15 AM by carat RSS

Marriott Rewards Bonus Offers

darrbee Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We have recently made reservations at two different hotels.  Orlando Marriott Airport and Renaissance Aruba.  Both had special rates that included bonus points when you reserved rooms.  We still have not received credit for these hotels even though we have received our regular points though Aruba required customer service intervention.  Customer service rep said we had to call hotel direct.  Has anyone else had this problem collecting these rewards points?  If I have to call these hotels directly it is actually not worth my time and effort for the energy required or the cost to call international.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Bonus Offers
    nationwide Platinum

darrbee - I agree that it can be very frustrating trying to "chase points" that you've earned, and it does take away the good feeling when you have to expend extra effort to get them.  I've had mixed results with the customer service line, but it may be worth trying again in order to deal with a different rep.  That said, you have probably come to the right place. Often, the Community Moderators here on Insiders can lend an extra hand.  Have your reservation numbers and Marriott Rewards number handy, as you will want to provide them so they can assist you. 

Stay tuned to hear from, carat, AndrewT, deannad, NathalieF, or reach out to them directly with the above information so they can look into the points issue for you. 

Best wishes getting this resolved, and safe travels out there!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi darrbee, apologies for the frustration this has caused!  I'd like to make sure these bonus points post to your account and have sent you a direct message for additional details.   Thanks for tagging us in nationwide!! 

phi506 Platinum

I always try and book the extra bonus points and have run into the same issue in getting them posted after the stay.  I have had success getting them added by sending a email to customer support but it is extremely frustrating to have to do that.  Also I would suggest Marriott is opening themselves up to potential litigation because the rate that includes bonus points is often higher than the base rate.  Failure to deliver the points could then possibly be construed as fraud if there was a savvy class action attorney that got wind of it.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

In almost every case, it is the responsibility of the individual property to post these bonus points. One manager said they posted such points two to three times a week. Some properties do so less frequently. Once when I had to track down points (before I knew how they were posted) I called the customer service line. The rep asked to put me on hold and then called the property for me. That's the way your situation should have been handled. One call to customer service and they take it from there.

I haven't booked a bonus point rate lately, but when I do, I always ask at check-in how soon I should expect the see the bonus points. That does two things. 1) it lets the hotel know I'm paying attention, and 2) gives them a little reminder to post the points as soon as possible. When I've done that, the points have always shown up quickly.

mustanggt Platinum

I had a recent stay at a Fairfield hotel and did not receive my bonus points timely.  I called the Marriott Rewards customer service folks, who by the way I have always found to be quite responsive.  While I was on the line they contacted the hotel and then informed me that this particular property only posts bonus points once a week and that they were currently in the process of doing so.  Later that day I received the points I was entitled to.  As bejacob previously mentioned, it does appear to be solely the responsibility of each individual property to post the bonus points at a frequency determined by them.  This is one more area that should be automated by the IT Dept.

insertcoffee Platinum

As others have stated, the posting of the bonus points is on the individual property unfortunately, this is not done in a uniform way throughout brands or the larger Marriott enterprise. If you've had them post before more rapidly, it then builds a false expectation that they will continue to post in that way.

Such a pity that being a savvy traveler includes a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of various hotel's IT programs.

Hope our CMs are able to run interference for you and get this worked out. It is an annoyance to chase down your points, and it is the final act of the hotel, thus leaving a negative taste in your mouth about the property, instead of your last memory being what a great stay you had.

darrbee Gold

Thank you Cara for all your help resolving this problem.  Your customer service skills are an asset to Marriott. Again, thanks.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for you kind words, darrbee!! Always glad to help out when I can.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...