7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2016 7:05 PM by missgee RSS

Room package/Rate Details Not being honored

bacon14 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've been a Marriott rewards member for several years and have never experienced anything like what I'm going through and wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Months ago I began planning a special trip with a few friends and under the room packages there was a great sounding deal.  It listed several items that were to be included so I booked it.  A few weeks later I called Elite customer service and the woman I spoke to confirmed again everything was included.  Fast forward to this week and I was hoping  to get a little information from the hotel as to the included items and if they were offered each day or if I needed to schedule my other activities around the days they were offered.  The hotel emails me and follows it up with a call that there is in fact nothing included in my rate, just my room.  Of course I can't believe I'm hearing this and they are adamant there is nothing included so I call Elite customer service to find out what happened.  I have 2 different people tell me not to worry that everything is still included and they don't know why the hotel can't see this and will contact the manager of the hotel on my behalf.  Today, I get an email from the hotel manager again telling me nothing is included but they will extend a 20% discount on food to me, or I can pay an additional $200 per day per room to get the items that were supposed to be part of the rate.

Customer service tells me to just go on our trip and if there is an issue at check in to have the front desk call customer service, but with the communication I've received from the hotel, I don't think they will honor anything. 

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, how did you get it resolved?

Thank you so much for any help or advice anyone can share!

Cheers

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Room package/Rate Details Not being honored
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I have had situations like this, but they arose at check in. Items included in package such as meals or credit etc. I had to pull up a copy of the reservation to sort everything. Since you already involved the property I would proceed as follows.

1) I would contact MR again-during working hours-have them contact the hotel while you are on the line and confirm the items in your rate package with the property. My thoughts on doing this are that the hotel has probably noted that they spoke to you etc. You want to "undo" any misinformation on their part.

2) Take copies of all reservations printed with specific details of those benefits.

In the few times I have had this come up, every thing has been honored. Different levels of irritation to get them in place.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bacon14 Platinum

Funny enough, I actually took screen shots when I booked the room which I sent to the hotel and they are still denying the items are included in my rate.

It's been super frustrating to say the least, but I'd rather be frustrated at home than after 8 hour of travel.

Hoping Andrew can straighten it out!

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Yes, that's thing that made me be thorough before travel. We were headed to Rome. I didn't want any issues on another continent with the time difference etc. I wanted everything resolved beforehand. I am sure it will be. Good luck!

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi bacon14,

Apologies for the frustration. I'd be happy to look into this for you if you could send me a direct message with your Rewards number and the reservation number for this stay.

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Something is definitely not right, IF/WHEN you get vindicated for this, I would press real hard for compensation/stress you have had to undergo. When you go by the rules and do the right thing and it's not honoured, then someone has to pay the piper...good luck!!

JD

bacon14 Platinum

Thanks!!

I certainly never expected this from a Marriott property of all places!  It was a good rate and I thought I was doing everything right by calling customer service to verify before continuing on to book flights etc..... After customer service confirmed again yesterday and said they would contact the property, I thought it would be handled no problem.  So for the property to still come back and say they won't honor, I was absolutely dumbfounded!

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I've had this happen a couple of times.  It's very frustrating and you feel taken advantage of.  I just don't book those packages anymore.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...