3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2016 11:06 PM by muppetwrangler RSS

Mobile App Checkin - Earlier Time = More Ideal Room?

crashrit Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Insiders-

After my last few dozen or so stays, I have been using the mobile app to indicate my time of arrival and have been being honest as to what time I think i'll arrive. I've been noticing recently, if I indicate a later time in the afternoon, I won't get the "Room Ready" not until close to my check-in time and the rooms tend to have less of the Room Preferences (High Floor, Near Elevator, etc) satisfied.

This got me thinking, what is I started putting 9am or some earlier time, if this would begin to improve? Having been Platinum the past few years, I thought they might go by status - but seems like some places have been factoring time into the equation.

Has anyone else noticed something similar?

-Corey

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mobile App Checkin - Earlier Time = More Ideal Room?
    homoviator Platinum

I really think this really depends on each hotel and how comfortable they are with using the app and the person who is checking you in and how they are feeling.   I don't think there is a way to "crack" this.  I feel like in previous conversations that probably the easiest thing to do if there's something that's really important to you is to call that morning.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mobile App Checkin - Earlier Time = More Ideal Room?
    muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I find it's hit-or-miss with using the mobile app check-in feature. 

Here are two recent check-ins I had:

1. I checked in the morning of my stay, and when I arrived to the hotel, they handed me my keys, said they would use the card on file and wished me a pleasant stay.

2.  2 days before arrival, I received an e-mail telling me I can check-in.  So I did, and indicated my arrival time.  When I arrived to the hotel, nothing was ready for me.  No room, no keys...it was like I had just walked in off the street and reserved a room. 

I always assumed your room was ready when the check-in feature pops up, but I'm not so sure anymore.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...