3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2016 9:19 PM by joeyo38 RSS

West of Dallas - Gaylord Texan?

joeyo38 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

My wife, daughter and I will be heading to a wedding in a Dallas suburb called Colleyville (near DFW airport). The room block is at a Hilton, but we always prefer Marriott. The Gaylord Texan is about 8 miles away and I wanted to see if anyone has traveled there with a toddler? Are there places to walk that aren't at the resort? Any other hotel options?

Thanks,

Joe O'Neill

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Grapevine, Texas, USA Gaylord Hotels Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
  • Re: West of Dallas - Gaylord Texan?
    nationwide Platinum

JoeyO38 - I have spent several nights at the Gaylord Texan.  It caters to families, and your toddler will have a blast!  There are great running/walking trails on and off property.  I think your little one will likely be amazed by the miniature trains, the ponds, flowers views etc!  Definitely a good choice!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ppezzano Platinum

I concur with nationwide I was there two years ago with my then 3.5 year old and he loved it.  One of the better Gaylords in terms of activities in the resort including restaurants, has a lazy river, several pools, etc. 

The knock on it is there is nothing to walk to outside of the resort (though for a few days you may not care).  Also the prices were pretty high (though not unlikely any other on resort FS hotel prices).

In the general area (short driving distance) there is a LOT Of stuff.  There is a Great Wolf Lodge just across the main highway (don't be fooled, not walkable) plus a mall and other shopping.

I would stay there again for a few days with my family without question.

joeyo38 Gold

Thanks nationwide & ppezzano! Great advice!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...