12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2016 3:34 PM by AndrewT RSS

iPhone/iPad app problems

churchfield Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a longtime Marriott Rewards customer. I have both an iPhone (6) and an iPad Mini.  The Marriott apps are on both.  I am Gold Elite. Lately, when I try to use the apps to find and book a room using Rewards Points, I can find the room, but I am not able to successfully book the room. On the iPhone, there is no place (that I see) to physically click to Select. On the iPad, it starts into an endless loop.  Although I am already logged on to my Rewards account, when I click on the 'Select Room' button, it launches a smaller dialog box that wants me to log into my account (again?), type my password, and click 'Verify.' This takes me back to the room choices. If I (re)select the room, it relaunches the logon dialog box, and the loop begins. What am I not doing?  This is for Rewards Points rooms only.  If I select a room rate room, there are no issues with either app.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: iPhone/iPad app problems
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi churchfield.  This is the first we are hearing of this issue so I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you.  In the meantime, we may get a few Insiders sharing their experiences on using the app for redemption stays.  I'll be sure to let you know what I'm able to find out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi again! Our tech team has let us know it could be because the app has not been updated to its most recent release.  If it has been, please try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.  Hopefully this helps, but if you are still experiencing issues, please let me know.

churchfield Gold

Thanks to all who responded. CaraT's suggestion re: uninstall/install was successful for my iPhone 6.  I will do the same for the iPad. As far as my question is concernEd, I feel it was answered successfully. Happy (Marriott) Travels!

nationwide Platinum

churchfield and carat - I tried to make a rewards reservation on my iPhone this morning just to see if I could mimic what churchfield encountered, because I've encountered problems like this on my phone previously.  On the first try, I got kicked out and had to sign in again.  The second try yielded an actual reservation using rewards points.  I don't know if that helps the team, but I do have the latest software updates and I don't have difficulty with anything else. Have a great Friday!

Thanks nationwide, this is definitely helpful!  Often times, the app will ask you to log in again when making reservations for security purposes.

Jsucool76 Gold

I think the big problem with booking award stays on the app (at least on android, as I don't have an iPhone) is that the booking doesn't happen in the app. The app triggers your devices browser to open to the booking page.

Once the browser is triggered to open, you're no longer logged in, as it's a new session on marriott.com, not an in-app experience. Then once you log-in, the marriott website is structured to default you back to the main booking page, just like it often will on your computer. Then you either need to book from the marriott mobile website, which is now opened, or close your browser, and re-open the application, where now it will once again re-trigger your browser, and you'll be logged in from your previous experience, and everything will function smoothly.

The app needs to be structured to allow bookings of all kinds to happen in the app, rather than by triggering your phone/tablets web browser.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Jsucool76

Right on the mark, nice analysis.  You must be a programmer or systems analyst.

Jsucool76 Gold

Not even close.

seachi Platinum

For the last year, whenever I get a "check in" notification on Android, it immediately disappears, logs me out, and asks me to login.

I emailed the app support team and it fell to deaf ears :/

YogiB Platinum

My Android app can't even sign in any more since I upgraded my Android OS and had to reinstall the app.

Can't say I'm missing anything though.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi YogiB,

Our team has informed us that members experiencing similar difficulties had these resolved by deleting and reinstalling the app once again. If this does not work, please send me a direct message for further assistance.

Thank you

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi seachi,

Could you please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and preferred email address so that we may provide further assistance?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...