2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2016 3:03 PM by razorbackfan RSS

My Marriott Visa anniversary date changed

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When I did not get the free night certificate and 15 night credit on (or near) my Marriott Visa credit card anniversary date, I called Marriott Rewards to find out what had happened.  My records showed June 29 as the anniversary date.  The agent I spoke with told me my most recent free night certificate was posted on Nov. 2, 2015; however, the two previous certificates had been posted on or near the June date. She was unable to explain why that had happened and suggested that I call Visa.  When I spoke to the Visa agent, she said my anniversary date had always been in November and said that the certificate and 15 night credit were sent to Marriott Rewards on Nov. 2.  I vaguely remember getting a free night certificate and wondering why I had gotten one about that time , but didn't think anymore about it until I did not get a certificate in June. We have had to get new cards with new numbers 3 times in the last couple of years because of breaches, but she said that would not have changed the anniversary date and insisted that my anniversary date had always been in November.  Since I am Lifetime Platinum, the extra nights don't matter too much now other than I like seeing my progress.  I will be watching for the 2016 free night certificate to post in November.

Have any of you had the same issue?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Worldwide
  • Re: My Marriott Visa anniversary date changed
    ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I have not experienced that issue since first getting the credit card in about 5 years ago.  Seems odd to me, but as long as you get the credit you deserve for having the card, then I wouldn't worry too much about it...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...