2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2016 7:53 AM by laurac RSS

Cheerful and Helpful, Even at Midnight

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed at the Hotels Orange County | Residence Inn John Wayne Airport recently on a cat. 5 certificate.  I arrived close to midnight after a 4 hour long, traffic heavy drive, and was greeted by the most delightful, cheerful front desk associate, Stephanie.  Her words and countenance made me feel genuinely welcome at such a late hour.  My status was recognized and she fully explained everything, from wifi to breakfast, and when I asked if I could sit outside for a while, offered to keep the lights on at the fire pit for me, even though it was after hours.  Her hospitality was truly remarkable.  I would like to nominate her for Marriott's Spirit to Serve award.  As her birthday was the following day, it occurs to me that the recognition would make a nice birthday present.  Thank you, Stephanie for making a weary traveler feel at home and welcomed at the Irvine Residence Inn.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Irvine, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
  • Re: Cheerful and Helpful, Even at Midnight
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

pluto77

Great post, an example of excellence worthy of this award. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cheerful and Helpful, Even at Midnight
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, pluto77, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...