7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2016 1:33 PM by carat RSS

Do Marriott Rewards Advanced Prepay Rate get the same points accural?

keplertracker Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've never book the MR Advanced prepay rate before.   My questions:

Does MR still grant the 10 points per one dollar spent?

If so, does MR also give the same Platinum Bonus of 50% on this rate?

If so, are these MR points granted when one books and prepays the rate, or when the actual prepaid stay is completed?

Lastly, if you pay for the prepaid rate with the MR Visa credit card, does MR give 5 points per one dollar spent?

Thanks for the advice, fellow members!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do Marriott Rewards Advanced Prepay Rate get the same points accural?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

keplertracker,

Yes... as long as you booked the advanced rate through Marriott.com or through their reservations phone line you will earn the same amount of points as usual.  Chase will also still give you the 5 points per dollar for the Marriott purchase.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

YogiB Platinum

Yes, yes and yes.

The same rules apply as regular rates regarding your points. It means you have to physically be at the hotel for earning points, so you won't receive them until after your stay is completed.

Most of the time, even though it says that you will be charged right away, they actually don't charge the credit card until 2-4 days before arrival (in my own experiences).

Just see it as a different promotional rate, it's really nothing more than that.

keplertracker Platinum

Thanks for the answers, Yogi.   Though it would be nice not to be charged till 4 days prior, I'll be ready if Marriott charges the full amount at the time of booking.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You should have no trouble getting the proper base and elite bonus points. A few times when I've used the advance purchase rate, I've not gotten the additional Platinum Arrival Gift (PAG) points. I'd advise checking that your points post properly shortly after your stay.

A couple times when using this rate, the front desk told me my Platinum status was not reflected in the reservation. They were able to verify it elsewhere, but it did mean they had to add my status to my reservation, something that's never happened with other rates. They said it had something to do with advance purchase rates appearing the same way as third-party bookings. Hopefully that little glitch has been sorted out now. That might also explain why the PAG points didn't show up.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Let me add that if you book using Points + Cash, you do not get any points. I found this out the hard way, but as a Marriott CSR pointed out to me when I asked where my points were, it's clearly written into the rules.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thank you Insiders, great insight here!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...