16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2016 11:38 AM by 702rugbyref RSS

AAA # Now required to make reservations?

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Making a reservation at the Marriott Stellaris Aruba-AAA. I can get the AAA rates to list, but to book I have to type in my AAA #. Not a big deal, as I am a AAA member, but a new development.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: AAA # Now required to make reservations?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I just found the same thing tker. I don't like it. I may be downstairs on my computer making a reservation and my AAA card is upstairs....Pain in the neck. It happened about 30 minutes ago. Add this to the phony pricing (show the "from" price and the other nights could be $100 higher) and our friends at Marriott are making it harder and harder to book. That is never a good idea.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

I don't mind as much if we can just add it to our profile so we don't have to find our card for each reservation. I've also had problems with the AAA numbers because the format is confusing and some travel providers require club number and some don't, and some require spaces and others don't. It is a real pain. I prefer to just show my card when I check in.

Jsucool76 Gold

Remember your AAA number is always available in your online AAA account, so you don't technically need to go get it.

Also available in the mobile app.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I'm with you painedplatinum ...it's a definite inconvenience.  I think Hilton does this as well.  I wonder if Hyatt will be next.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Usually for me it was at check in that I needed to show them the card. It seems to me that should be adequate

j&c Platinum

Bug in a software update, maybe?

The AAA number is already in our Marriott account. We've verified this at the hotels. C

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'm guessing that Marriott has so many front desk associates that never ask for the AAA ID that they are asking us to do the work upfront. Honestly, I have never been asked to show my AAA ID when I used the AAA rate to make a reservation. If one does not input the AAA ID can the reservation be completed? I usually book on the senior rate as the rate is usually better than the AAA rate, but it is an added level of inconvenience if your AAA card is not close by. Isn't the idea to get the customer to complete the reservation with the least amount of hassle/inconvenience?

I also agree with painedplatinum that the rate changes for each day not showing until the book page is not a good thing. Marriott used to do the consistent rate for an extended stay but now (to increase revenues obviously) they've adopted this 'every night might be different' mantra. I don't like it at all and have changed locations (sometimes away from Marriott) because of this tomfoolery.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Birds_noooo.jpg

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I wouldn't mind it if there were a place in my profile to store my AAA # and then have it attached to any reservations made with the triple A rate, but I don't see anywhere in my profile to store it.  Amtrak lets me store it.  Marriott should allow us to store this info.  But then, they should also make it easier for us to shop/compare hotel rates for a destination, instead of making it an annoying click back-and-forth over and over again time suck.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I just booked a new reservation tonight using the AAA rate for a hotel in Northern VA and was expecting to have to provide the AAA number after reading this thread but was not ever prompted to enter a AAA number.  I wonder if this new rule only applies to certain properties.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Very interesting.  Where does one even enter the AAA number? 

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

During the booking process, after choosing the AAA rate, it prompted me to enter the number prior to finalizing the booking.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I just finished a bunch of stays where I used the AAA rate and didn't have to enter my member #.  I wonder if this depends on the property or if it's being phased in for all AAA reservations?

bacon14 Platinum

I will typically check the AAA/CCA rate since I belong to my car club.  I did this today for an upcoming stay in Portland and now it's prompting me for my AAA number but won't accept my CCA number.  Why does the special rate say AAA/CCA if it's really only a AAA rate now?  Odd!

702rugbyref Platinum

Hilton has required this for quite awhile. I should be able to put it into my profile and be done with it -automatically (like the credit card)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...