5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2016 8:49 PM by beaug RSS

2016 global promotion

marriottian Gold
Currently Being Moderated

DDid anyone get this promotion? It said to register by spep 2016 and to stay between May and September... So it did not make sense and when I tried to register it did not let me

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2016 global promotion
    YogiB Platinum

You'll see that many members here are well underway racking up the bonus points, or even have already reached the limit.

There were a few cases of people that had trouble registering. If it's your case too, I'd recommend to contact one of the community members here or simply place a phone call to Marriott Rewards customer service to get you set up on the fly!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

insertcoffee Platinum

Are you referencing the non-UK promotion that covers US and  other areas (I'm US-based, so did not pay attention to where else it went) that gave points rewards on stays?

The stay cutoff and sign up cutoff may not make sense except that I believe it was retroactive to stays within the time frame, even if you registered after those stays, as long as registered before registration cutoff. This program maxed at 10,000 bonus points, in increments of 2,000, beginning with the completion of the *second* stay.

If you're referencing some other program, well, then I'm just talking out of my hat.

Contact Marriott CSR on the phone if a mod doesn't hop on to this thread.

insertcoffee Platinum

And in answer to your question, yes, many other people got this program, and have posted in this forum on other threads about it. When my last checkout finally shows up, generally two weeks later for me, though sometimes three weeks (I *love* that), I will have maxed out on it.

The fall mega-bonus is around the corner also, so stay tuned for that one. Please see threads here on that.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi MarriottianYogiB & insertcoffee, have shed some great knowledge here.  I have also sent you a direct message offering to help make sure you are registered for this promotion.

beaug Platinum

Hi all

I was offered this promotion and made good use of it when I was on holiday in Asia in June/July. The bonus points typically posted within a week of the stay, and was only for paid stays- you didn't earn any bonus if you had a stay which bad both paid and free nights.

This was made available to non-US registered members.

BeauG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...