9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2016 3:42 PM by 7 RSS

Flea

Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

u

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Greatest thing since sliced bread is HERE!
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Staying 50 nights over the 100 night promo period is I suspect way beyond most of us here, but as a more pedestrian  member who stays about 25 nights at IHG (Marriott is around 50) I make Spire via the points requirement which I'm able to augment from the points I get from the UK credit card. It's a slow slog but I should reach the magic 75,000 when the points credit from my Woodstock HIX stay next month.

And my Accelerate promo is also more pedestrian thank goodness:

- 5,000 points. Stay once, earn 5,000 Bonus Points

- 14,000 points. Stay 7 nights, earn 14,000 Bonus Points.

- 6,000 points. Stay Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday, earn 6,000 Bonus Points

-25,000 points. Complete all 3 above, earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points.

-5,000 points. Stay once in September, earn 5,000 Bonus Points.

A grand total of 55,000 points. OK, so it's not your 129,400, but 55,000 IHG points for only 7 nights, I echo you, Wes -  Let the drooling commence!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mav Platinum

WOW  ! I haven't received my offer yet, but I hope I get yours! I already have a lot of nights booked, but they r all at Marriotts, but I could easily complete your offer on what is yet to be booked. . Both above offers, YAY! Good luck!

Wesleywec, one of my favorite redemptions was the IC in Oman. FANTASTIC!!!  Middle Eastern hospitality at its finest!!

insertcoffee Platinum

I have several bread knives, so I find sliced bread less impressive.

That's a great promotion, but, for me, then I have points at a brand I would then have to find a way to get back to-- and that would be fifty less nights/points toward LT at Marriott.

Having said that, a customer recently asked me to be onsite in an area that has no Marriott property within 40 miles other than RC, which I am sure is not within the budget, so may be spending an increased time at non-MI props if this gets the thumbs up.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

i had a colleague that use to say if a full service Marriott was within 30 miles that's where he stayed. To me it has to be much closer

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

NO way! I reserve hotels so i can be within a 15-min drive, and preferably walking distance of my next day's work. Hence why I have to run with 2 loyalty schemes!

insertcoffee Platinum

I don't use the miles equation. I use the minutes equation. The property has to be within 10-15 minutes of the duty location, unless the duty location has zero hotels within that range, in which case, the closest wins. Tie breaker goes to Marriott.

I'm usually in congested major metropolitan areas and not the wide open spaces some folks are in for their business travel, so the time measurement is usually more effective for me. Like brightlybob, even better if I can walk there, and the closer the better.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

wesleywc, how do you sign up for this?  I just joined IHC and got the credit card.  Do you need to be a spire elite, whatever that is?  I can only aspire to be a spire

7 Gold 1 Reviews

Sorry, but the greatest thing since sliced bread is crustless sliced bread:

547733_10201231273776002_956380041_n.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...