5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2010 1:28 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Time out

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Must be Monday because I am about to complain about being timed out on Marriott's website after a very short time of inactivity. 

Has anyone else noticed this?

At the same time there was a pop-up that asked if I wanted to complete a survey on the ease of use of the web site.  I again listed the timeout issue as one thing that I was not fond of.  So we shall see what develops.

• Re: Time out
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Regrets to report the same experience on session timeouts.  Occasionally it will occur on Insiders, but more often on Marriott.com. 

I don't recall any popups yesterday but did receive an e-mail from MVCI inviting participation in an online survey.  It wan not a GSS following up on a prior stay.  I thought it would be fun but it was not less than 28 screens long and overly repetitive.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

james30 Platinum

Stepping,

I have experienced the time out a few times as well.  What I find interesting and maybe humorous is that if you log in, close out of Marriott without logging out, shut down your internet service and later go to the website, you will find it has saved your log in and you don't have to log in again.  So why a time out if you are online but then basically no time out if you shut down altogether.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Dear James 30

Yep, really a strange event and I was just able to duplicate it as you did.  A glitch, gremlin or whatever in the cache.  Of course with all the backup software we all have we can look backward and forward with ease.  I wish there was a way that we could stay logged in for perhaps 12 hours, as an option.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"12 hours"

Try Standby.  Start | Turn Off Computer | Stand by

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Standby"

Risking an unintentional long and frustrating 'Timeout', consider not trying to duplicate 'Standby' mode while doing a Backup. 

With XP on a Dell, the system recovers after doing a full shut down. 'Backup' forgets it's Default Settings in 'Standy' mode and fails to operate.  What happens on system 'x' is not worth risking unless you have considerable time on your hands.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...