1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 19, 2016 8:52 PM by insertcoffee RSS

Guest Services

kk1575 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else experienced a decline in customer service lately?  I've had back to back to back experiences in the past 2 weeks that have me questioning my loyalty, and I'm Platinum - I spend my life in Marriott Hotels.  From elevators being down, to no air conditioning - and managers acting like its standard operating conditions.  The guy in Waterbury CT who tried to convince  me that a faulty fire alarm system, going off at 11:30 at night - on and off for a hour -- is OK.  Call me crazy but I'm being unreasonable that you woke up all your quests and had them evacuate the building at 11:30 at night?  I called customer care too, and they were awesome, but as some here noted, it gets sent back to the site manager to handle.  Is anyone else frustrated here?  Has Marriott lost it's edge?  I live on the road and there are other options if this is the new trend.  Appreciate any feedback....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Guest Services
    insertcoffee Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Any issues I have had at Marriott properties are almost universally related to issues to that specific property or its ultimate franchisee-- often a cost cutting mindset which finds itself propagating throughout their hotels, some of which may be Marriotts. 

I have not experienced any reduction in services or responsiveness in my over 100 actual nights spent in Marriotts this year. 

I try every stay to find out who actually owns that property. Some ownership is wonderful, and this is shown in every property they own--and I try to stay in their Marriott properties whenever I can. The opposite is also true: some ownership is dreadful, and this, too, is often witnessed throughout their holdings.

I regret you had a poor experience two stays in a row; however, I would not call that any kind of a pattern. Perhaps one of the CMs can assist you with your concerns if you are getting nowhere or push back from the respective properties.

I'd also find out who owns those two properties and visit their website, make a note of their holdings, and consider that data when next booking a trip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...