1 2 3 12 Previous Next 166 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2017 3:26 PM by pluto77 RSS

Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?

Jsucool76 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

100k signup bonus is enticing. Hoping I can get approved for it tomorrow. =]

Not sure if I'll transfer the points to marriott, but it is definitely an option.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    Kingfish45 Silver

Absolutely-May or may not transfer to Marrriott

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I'm on the fence with this one.  The signup bonus is definitely nice but it has similar benefits to the Ritz Card so it would seem like a waste to keep both.  The Ritz Card also seems like it has more benefits than this card.

• 3. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    Jsucool76 Gold

The $300 credit is apparently for ANYTHING.

Plane ticket - Credit

Rental car - Credit

Train ticket - Credit

Tolls - Credit

Taxi - Credit

That's a big deal in my opinion.

Other than that, the fact that it earns UR points is huge, if you have a freedom, and freedom unlimited, or an ink plus.

You'll never earn less than 1.5 points per dollar, and each point is worth, at minimum, 1.5 cents for travel. s that is a minimum, 2.25% back on general spend.

• 4. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Yeah..I understand the $300 credit on the Sapphire Reserve card can be used for any type of travel credit and how great UR points are.  I haven't had any trouble using the Ritz $300 Airline Credit each year.  Some extra Benefits in the Ritz Card which are not included in the Sapphire Reserve Card is the unlimited $100 Discount on Airline Tickets and 3 Annual Ritz Club Level upgrade certificates.  Both cards come with the same Airport Lounge Benefit.

Do you plan to keep both cards?

• 5. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    Jsucool76 Gold

Not sure. I'm holding onto the ritz for sure. It is my go to premium travel card for the gold elite status. I could probably make gold without it now, but I enjoy the service I get from JPM.

Citi prestige is my other must keep, even with the nerfs that are happening.

CSR will hang out for a year, we'll see how I like it. Right now, amex plat is in my 3rd spot for the hilton gold status.

I don't think this card is "game changing," but it definitely brings more competition. In my opinion, the citi prestige is still the strongest contender out there, even post nerf.

• 6. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    homoviator Platinum

iI've thought about changing to the Ritz card because I think I'd rather have the 10% points premium than 1 night credit every 3000 or 4000 (I can't remember which).  It would be worth doing up an excel sheet to see which way I would come out better, but in general, I need more pts than nights to get to lifetime anything.

However, I don't think I'd ever use the Ritz upgrade coupons. I'm not really a Ritz person, but then when I started here, I was a loyal Springhills and have moved up to Marriott and Rens and probably haven't been to a Springhills more than once or twice this year.

• 7. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    Jsucool76 Gold

They can be useful if you find a nice cheap RC somewhere where you're going.

• 8. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I didn't think cheap and RC could be in the same sentence.

• 9. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    Jsucool76 Gold

Online app is live. Seems to be under 5/24 rule sadly. Heading to a branch to check for pre-approval

• 10. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    Jsucool76 Gold

The older hotels that haven't been renovated in a bit can usually be had fairly reasonably.

Pentagon city and Tysons corner are sometimes like $150 a night. Seen Atlanta for like 150-180

Not a bad price for club level.

• 11. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    Jsucool76 Gold

Got denied for the Reserve card, sadly. Since I took the inquiry anyways I put in an app for the Hyatt card and got approved for there. 2 free nights is something. XD

• 12. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

YES!  But got a deferred decision... Anxiously awaiting the results!  I've only had 3 new cards in the past 24 months, so I'm thinking this might have to do with my aggregated credit limit with Chase.  We'll see, hopefully I get it without issue.

So where you gonna burn those 2 free nights at Jsucool76  Used mine at the Andaz Maui; would have gone to the Park Hyatt NYC too

• 13. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    Jsucool76 Gold

Call up 8004367927, press pound, option 3,option 1

If it says 2 weeks, likely approved. 30 days, not processed yet, and 7-10 days likely means denied.

Not sure where I'll use em yet.

• 14. Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
    ChinaBear Gold

Applied and got approved instantaneously for both CSR and Chase Marriott Rewards cards. Will see how these points will be best used. 

1 2 3 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...