2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2016 4:38 PM by AndrewT RSS

Spain

beaug Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all

I am wondering if anybody has had the opportunity to stay in any AC properties in Spain? I'm likely going to Spain later this year, however there are very few properties other than AC.

From anyone who has stayed at any of the Spanish hotels, what are they like? Do they have executive/club lounges? Are they comfortable?

Welcome any feedback.

BeauG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain AC Hotels by Marriott AC Hotel Sants
  • Re: Spain
    sg1974 Gold

We have stayed in many AC Hotels throughout Spain. The hotels have generally been good but don't expect to receive much for being a platinum. In most of the cities in Spain we have visited and stayed in an AC they are not centrally located hotels.

They have not had executive lounges. When I book up I always go for the rate that includes breakfast as this is not a benefit that they provide for elites. Some hotels might provide? I'd be interested to hear if some travelers have experienced that, but this is not listed as a benefit. The only thing you will get is free WIFI and perhaps a better room.

For example this was included in the email confirmation for one of our recent stays:

REWARDS BENEFITS

As a Gold Elite member, you can enjoy the following benefits during your stay (may vary by property):

• Complimentary Room Upgrade (Based on availability, at time of check-in)

• 25% Bonus on your Marriott Rewards Points

• Guaranteed Room Type

Overall the hotels are fine, but they are not the same as staying in a Marriott brand hotel.

Happy to give any help regarding Spain, we are just back from another trip there and had a great time. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spain
      AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi beaug,

As sg1974 has touched upon, these properties do not have executive clubs/lounges. Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

Enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...