9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2013 6:26 AM by psudad RSS

using my points for Marriott hotel paris, champ elysee

caloyski Member
Currently Being Moderated

how can i avail of my rewards points to stay at Marriott Champ Elysee, please, enlighten me. thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: using my points for Marriott hotel paris, champ elysee
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Not sure I followed your question, however let me try to answer.

The Marriott Champs-Elysees is a category 8 property.  This means that you need 40,000 points per night or 35,000 points on the "savers" plan to stay at the hotel.  Based on personal experience, you will likely be presented with a cash upgrade option for a better room, anywhere from 50+ euros a night.  You should also plan your trip at least a few months in advance, this property seems to be a highlight for many of the folks using points so you might find times when either they are sold out or when you can get better selections/points use.  There are other properties in the area that are cat 7, 6 and even a few 5s that could extend your stay for similar points or provide more options.

Having been a guest at the Marriott Champs-Elysees in the Champs-Elysees view room, I will say it is simply amazing and worth every penny/point if you are going on a special trip. Next time we go however, we are going to try the new Renaissance Arc de Triomphe hotel.  I hear amazing things about that property (its the same category 8, 40K points).

Hope that helps answer your questions :)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sidbaby1936 Gold 3 Reviews

I will be there on my honeymoon in Oct. have had the hotel booked since March, any tips or suggestions you can give me to better my stay and experience?

blava007 Platinum

One of the best and clearest replies.   

We stayed at the Paris Marriott Hotel Champs Elysees we loved the hotel, location as well as the access to subway.  We also stayed at the downtown Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel it is in great location as well, but the size of room was that of shoebox.  

traveler123 Platinum

there is no trick to it, just call the reservations number and specify the hotel, we stayed through points and really enjoyed that location

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Cal,

It looks like you have already got some great advice!

From previous experience, and a trip planned the end of April, (I am going to pay the 165 Euro upgrade for a streetside view) let me share this with you.

Yes, it is worth every point!  I have not upgraded before and was still very happy.  I also have stayed at other Marriott's and all have strong points.  I really like La Defense, especially on week-ends and it's great on a limited budget.  It is near the metro and is a no-brainer to commute.

Finally, you may literally have to check availability every day using points.  I booked another property once and it came down to one week prior to my arrival that I was cleared to stay at CE!  I checked each day and it was close.  Good luck!

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Jerry, I'll be checking into the CE in early June for a few days. You said that you are upgrading to a Boulevard view. Reviews that I've read state that the street side could be quite noisy and I'm wondering if you know something that I don't.

I've stayed at the CE previously and had a room overlooking the courtyard, which was quite peaceful.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Mike,

You may be right about the noise, but I have always wanted to stay on the CE and this is a very special occasion.

Mike, I really liked the CY of the hotel and think what I would consider is just seeing if they would not comp. the upgrade or view the room when I checked in.  If you like the upgrade maybe it would be worth it.

Have a great trip!  By the way I am going to be there in April and I will share with you how it goes!

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

How was the trip Jerry?

I'm departing next week and hoping the place isn't too crazy with the start of the World Cup.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

mikiegfla,

Restaurant recommendation:  L'Ami Jean - Accueil

It is in the 7th, just off the Rue de Dominique.  We ate at a number of great restaurants over the course of our week, but this was the best.  Went with the tasting menu and had them select wines by the glass for us.  Incredible.

Enjoy.

psudad

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...